"Holy Hockey Puck Batman !,Where are We?"

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY "Holy Hockey Puck Batman !,Where are We?"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ah yes …in an effort to attract spectators …We actually booked one of the touring Batmobiles to appear at Dover. The crowd was full of Kids and it was quite a departure from funny cars and fuelers in exhibition. I brought my trusty portable 45 record player and the BatMan theme song record. Stuck the mic to the speaker as the car went through its paces … Burn-outs …donuts ..and popping the chutes. Actual Barris Prop car …Al even got a ride !

more photos in T. O’Shea collection in big ODF Galleries.These are from Brian M.

Attachments:

gene-terenzio-sr
        Participant
            quote dinotheweirdo:

Ah yes …in an effort to attract spectators …We actually booked one of the touring Batmobiles to appear at Dover. The crowd was full of Kids and it was quite a departure from funny cars and fuelers in exhibition. I brought my trusty portable 45 record player and the BatMan theme song record. Stuck the mic to the speaker as the car went through its paces … Burn-outs …donuts ..and popping the chutes. Actual Barris Prop car …Al even got a ride !

more photos in T. O’Shea collection in big ODF Galleries.These are from Brian M.

Triva question, What kind of car was used to make the Bat car? Hint it was made in Italy.

Joe T on the starting line RIP Joe

dino
            Keymaster

Check Gallery 2 T-O’Shea for a BUNCH!….Butt in mouth -no helmet, Hey…We Had Fun…Al in his 69 Dover T-shirt ?.New question…If this is ’67..How could Al have a 69 T-shirt? Another puzzle to solve.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

The’ HI-TECH ‘ batmobile Interior
                    Photo by T.O’shea..Gallery 2-ODF

Attachments:

anthonyc
                        quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

quote dinotheweirdo:

Triva question, What kind of car was used to make the Bat car? Hint it was made in Italy.

Joe T on the starting line RIP Joe

1959 Lincoln Futura.

GENE !…….Did he Nail it ? – Dino

sixfiend

Speaking of the Bat-Mobile at Dover……..

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

THIS IS COOL http://www.1966batmobile.com Why ? Just Is !

Click on THIS to See Ad For Island …IT HAD A photo Taken AT Dover in it ! (“Sister Tracks)”
                                http://www.1966batmobile.com/islandd1.jpg

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Sent that site some teaser photos and GOT THIS:

“Hi Dino-
                                    You just made my year!! Not too often do I see original pics of the Batmobile on the dragstrip and even pics in color–Awesome!
                                    So was the car there more than once and do you know when? I do not think I have any records of it being at Dover.
                                    I’m sure you saw on my site it was the #4 car which was usually driven by “Wild Bill” Shrewsberry
                                    http://www.1966batmobile.com/replica4.htm
                                    Did he drive it in the pics from that day? Tell me what you know and thanks very much for the email. 🙂
                                    Eric
                                    P.S. For recent pics of Bill that I took you can go here:
                                    http://www.1966batmobile.com/event.htm

66batmobile
                                    Participant

Hi Dino & all-
                                        This is Eric from http://www.1966batmobile.com
                                        What a great place this forum is. I miss these old dragstrips. Heck I live by the former Fremont Drag Strip in CA.
                                        Any ways, some really nice photos of one of Barris’ Batmobiles that was built primarily for exhibiting and dragracing. “Wild Bill” Shrewsberry normally drove the car, but not sure who is pictured driving in all these photos. Anyone know?
                                        If interested, here’s a interview I did with Bill that gives more details about his short stint in ’67.
                                        http://1966batmobile.com/shrewsberry.htm
                                        Back in 2002, the current owner actually let me drive the same car too. That was a fun day

Anyone have more pics or stories they would like to share?
                                        Regards,
                                        Eric

66batmobile
                                        Participant

Found this vintage article

dino
                                            Keymaster

Must have have been what I had for lunch 😆 What kind of Headline is That ? Must have copy of whole thing !!!! thats the T.O’shea photo used in the Island Ad……little ‘editorial ‘ license by Jack Redd.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Heres the rest …Best He could Find…LOOK whats on cover ! Wheres THIS Car !
                                                    Article mentions Dave Hodgeman’s ‘Big Bad B/FX”, Shott running 7.92 @173 and R.H.Anderson winning Stock Elim with a C/SA Chevelle.

Attachments:

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

I think in this issue of Hot Rod Delux is a special on gassers and there is a pic of that G/Gas car!!!
                                                        ‘V’

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Cover shot IS dover…same guys that ran the Falcon gasser …pics in ODF galleries.

sixfiend

That G/G is a 6 banger!! That may be the same guy that Mad Frenchman bought his second Maverick from after his wreck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.