"Locomotion" ’55 Chevy D/Altered from Virginia found!

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR "Locomotion" ’55 Chevy D/Altered from Virginia found!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dragwayripper

I own this car and am trying to find ANY pictures or footage of it, or any information on the car prior to it’s current configuration. The car was built sometime in the 60’s, maybe someone out there will recognize it before it’s “Locomotion” days. The car is all steel except for a glass trunk lid, all windows are plexiglass, even the front and back. Ford Econoline straight axle front, ’59 Pontiac rear with 6:14 gears. Set-back engine, single seat with a roll bar and headreast, lightning holes drilled in the interior panels and rear of frame. The car appears to have been painted red at one time, then purple with white pinstriping at another. There is also traces of gold paint around the foor frames. What I do know, is that the car joined the Locomotion racing team of Wes Johnson around 1975/76 and was powered by a injected 331ci/4spd. That motor blew apart and was replaced with a dual quad tunnel ram 358ci/4spd and driven by Gary McDonald for Wes around 1979. The car was sold, sans engine, to Scott Pettit who raced it for one season with a big block around 1981. The car was then purchased by James Grob, who re-named the car “About Time” and ran a 331ci/auto until about 1985. The car has run at all the local strips in Virginia, and I have been able to contact Wes Johnson, Gary McDonald and James Grob. ANY further information would be great. Thanks,
        -Dean

Attachments:

dragwayripper

The car today…

Attachments:

dragwayripper

Some more shots…

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

IF this Bad-Boy can pass NHRA tech…It’s a Prime Candidate for Our Nostalgia Drags !….If not “legal’ Bring it anyway ! Jersey Track will attract southern guys and a bunch would remember it …We’ll have a Non-race “display” area. Run it up to Lebanon and hook up with NETO guys for assistance …A bunch here on Forum.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.