"Super Pumpkin" Vs. "Mixed Emotions"… I love it…!!!

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST "Super Pumpkin" Vs. "Mixed Emotions"… I love it…!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

Attn: Billy Casey…

Did you and Richie Prokop ever line up against each other at Dover…??? Must have. Tell me about it…!!!

Maso

dino
        Keymaster

Just to remind you…Here’s the car ! …(ODF Galleries come through Again – From Charles Irvings Great Collection)

Attachments:

maso
            Participant

I want to know if Casey and Prokop ever duked it out on the Dover asphault. Seems to me they must have. You see… Billy and Richie knew each other well, comming from the same neighborhood more or less and having some of the same hang-outs.

The last time I went to Dover was in ’65, I never knew about Casey’s Pumpkins until this web site… and I only saw Prokop’s Chevy once in his garage when it was still under construction… never saw it run. The last time I saw Billy Casey, he still had the red ’40 Ford Tudor with the flathead with cast iron heads…

billy-casey

hi dino and tom … richie and i never raced each other …i believe his last year was my first … the floater truck rear and long latter bars i bought from richie … i started racing the 57 in late 1966 ,, but i ran charlie castaldo a few times … i would have loved to race richie .. we were good friends and inspired me greatly … Billy

dino
                    Keymaster

JUST GOT THIS FROM Clark R. …like he was reading our minds !

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Had this already …forgot (Clark R.again)

Attachments:

billy-casey

hi clark… billy casey here … the pic from 1967 was a different owner , but it was still a beutiful car … back then alot of the gassers were pretty ratty lookin but that one was always lookin good … Billy

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Found this one up in the attic under S!!
                                    This was 1970 at SIR in the state of Washington!!
                                    What a match-up this would have been with the Super Squash!!!

‘V’

Attachments:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.