"That Lavender Merc-Ford" where could it Be ?

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR "That Lavender Merc-Ford" where could it Be ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

This cool custom run by the Wilko Bros. ran in the Early sixties .Not only a racer ,but care was taken to customize it in true ‘street -strip look’ of the period. No primer here,just real nice finished Show car quaility with a honkin Blown engine. Not a No Go Show boat…Fast and looking KOOL

Pat posted :
        by patina on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm
        Dino FYI the early Ford 4Dr.Sed. custom is the Wilko brothers (family) in Joe Mastrella showcase #1’2. Henry Wilko said its his from the 50s-60s but judging from the cars and tree it seems to be 62, 63 and a later 64.
        Henry wrote;
        “Did not realize how high we were off the ground.
        Must have been in the late 50’s or early 60’s.
        I think it had the 322″ buick at that time with a 6-71 and injection on gas.”

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

Dino I’m sure Henry will tell you when he contacts you, but that was the family car and they drove it to the track and raced then went home in Corona . I think it had 6 twos on the Buick nailhead at that time.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

You found a bunch of Photos I Couldn’t find in Joes collection-? BUT ….add this to mix ! Mail man Just brought me a photo disc from Bruce Carnevale in Ma. Check out the Same Car I call a Ford and photo says “Buick powered Merc” ,repainted and listed as 1965. Coincience today ?

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Heres the engine from Bruce’s photos …explains C/GS class on window !Caption on this Says” ’54 Buick in a merc”

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

FYI Pat…Have seen that Ford before .Should have tracked it down, being I like old Fords anyway.So -You must be in contact with Henry for you to Write “he Wrote” . And Can you get me the contact info OR …Is He already on the forum?.All the shots in ’64-new tree and shot with Al,ready push the go button…but how’d he get through tech with hubcaps on front?. Other shots show new Radar wheels- differant day ?or switched in the pits ?

babycakes
                        Participant

Dino and Pat,I’m guessing a 1950 Ford (not Merc) 4 dr. with 54 Merc tail lights,along with 54-55 Buick side trim,any event nice custom work performed on body

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.