"THe GREEK" Remembers Dover !

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? "THe GREEK" Remembers Dover !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

So i’m walking through the top fuel pits at Rockingham-IHRA SpringNationals 09 …and see “Chris Karamasines” on side of a fueler .Could it be His son? or The Old Man?…walk up to this 81 year old Geezer in a fire suit and say…”Are you Chris “? ,,,yep ! gotta have grey hair to be on this team”. So I ask him, “Do you remember a Track in New York state called Dover?”. He answers WITHOUT hesitation—-“Sure ! ran there in 1963”. I’ll try to get an interview on Video with him IF, he has time in between running. ( We have plenty of Photos of his Silver full bodied “Chizler” in the big Slide collection…and pretty sure stashed in the ODF Galeries)

randy-fish

Jeez, Dino . . . were’ve ‘ya been, under a rock? Of course it was The Greek. The guy’s never quit and he still looks like he’s 50-something. Do you remember when he was the leader of the Strange Engineering-sponsored, “Greek Fleet?” They called him “The Rear Admiral,” in honor of his Greek heritage. 😆

gramdog1
            Participant

C’mon Randy, don’t make “The Greek” the butt of any of your “assinine” jokes. 😆 😆

bossguy

Geez Gramdog, that sounds like an Inuendo!

digger

i hope he has time for you dino.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

He Didn’t Qualify so packed up and left ” in the Night”…went to find him Sunday and he was Gone. But Did get contact info and will be in touch.

randy-fish
                                quote Gramdog1:

C’mon Randy, don’t make “The Greek” the butt of any of your “assinine” jokes. 😆 😆

Sorry . . . no assinine jokes here, Gramdog. “Rear Admiral” was embroidered on his hat and lettered on the car.

dino
                                Keymaster

Sat Night at the Rock..Greek In line….Didn’t make the field

Attachments:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.