"Tuff-N-Nuff" B/D

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR "Tuff-N-Nuff" B/D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

just got this great e-mail to share with ya ! :

“Dear Dino:

Saw the article in Hot Rod Deluxe, very nice! It brought back a great memory from 1962, when I was waiting to turn 16!
        Walt Pasco lived in the upstairs apt. @ my folks house, and kept his metallic blue B/D in our garage. He invited me to go to Dover with him and his partner. I was thrilled! The tow vehicle was a brand new 1962 Chev Impala.
        In addition to watching him run, and I think take Jr. ? eliminator, an A/D flipped over on the banking and kept running! It sucked up rocks into the injector scoop and spit pieces out the zoomies!
        The biggest thrill though, was when I was walking back down the return road. A Corvette pulled up and the female driver asked if I wanted a lift back to the pits? That was my introduction to Shirley Muldowney!
        I think Walt still lives in the Pittsfield, MA area. His wife and he ran a picture framing shop there. Walt is a noted watercolor artist.”

Rich Rollins

*Dover CSI : Find WALT

vbob
        Participant

Hey, I’ll be driving through Pitsfield ,Mass. next Thursday on the way to Ponawl,Vt.,Maybe I can find that shop of his!!

‘V’Bob

dino
            Keymaster

Rich sent this correcting himself (thought so ):

Thanks for the posting. Since my old memory is better than my current one, the article actually can be found in the current news stand issue of a “Dragracing magazine”. God bless your Thanksgiving.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.