"Twistin TEX" Edwards Passed Away today

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION "Twistin TEX" Edwards Passed Away today

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Rich Oetzel who runs the Top-Gun Ford…just sent me this: “It is with sadness that Tex Edwards,Newburgh,N.Y. driver of the “Twisten Texan”, has passed this morning R.I.P. TEX”.Just off the phone with Brian,who became buddies with Tex in the Last Few Years.He’s getting me the info.I met Tex at Dover,of Course,and always a character. His wheelstand Modified Production ( or Gas)El Camino was a crowd favorite.Dedicated racer,who always lent a hand and a joke. Brought me my Sunday Pepsis.Well the can said Pepsi…inside ….well.Last saw him in 2014 at our Dover Drags.Heres the Whole Story On TEX….http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=248&hilit=Tex

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Guess Him and Casey are at it again….Adios my cowboy friend

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Thank you for all those thrilling days of drag racing ! You are a Dover Drag Strip legend!
                It was a honor to have you in my pit the past couple of years and to see TEX at The DDS Reunions and DDS Winter Fests!
                Now run the balls outta that black El Camino through eternity never having to lift off the throttle again!! My friend you are there with GOD and we will all meet again!
                Rest in peace my drag racing friend!
                ‘V’

babycakes
                Participant

WOW! Another Dover ‘legend’ gone! My condolences to his family. Tex would always display some high rev’s of the engine,that’s for sure!!!
                    Even on the ‘return’ road,he showed no mercy with the ‘rev’s, in a lower gear,back to the pits! May he R.I.P….Pete.

dino
                    Keymaster

Rich Oetzel 5:57pm Dec 17
                        Update The family of Tex Edwards wants to thank the dover family but the funeral will be private.

dino
                        Keymaster

HERSHEL L. “TEX” EDWARDS, SR.

March 30, 1931 – December 14, 2015 (84)

Newburgh, NY

Hershel L. “Tex” Edwards, Sr., an area resident for sixty plus years, passed away Monday, December 14, 2015 at his home in Newburgh, NY. He was 84 years old. Son of the late James Edwards and Olliemae Laird Edwards, he was born March 30, 1931 in Greenville, TX. He was a Used Car Dealer and owner of Sky Top Used Auto Sales of Newburgh, NY. An avid dragstrip car racer at Dover Dragstrip, Wingdale, NY, better known as the “Twisten Texan”.

Survivors include his daughters: Peggy L. Edwards, Nancy L. Mead, Cherie L. Woods, Brenda L. Spinning, Bonnie L. Edwards; his sisters: Margaret Edwards and Linda Carranza; 15 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren; nieces and nephews; He was predeceased by his son, Hershel L. Edwards, Jr., granddaugher, Desiree Spinning, 2 brothers and 7 sisters.

Funeral Services are private and at the convenience of the family. Burial of Cremains will be in Calvary Cemetery, New Windsor, NY.

Memorial donations may be made to Safe Harbors of the Hudson,111 Broadway, Newburgh, New York 12550 or Hospice of Orange and Sullivan Counties, Inc., 800 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, NY 12550.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.