RACE CAR PHOTOS LOCATED from Paul Vaast!

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR RACE CAR PHOTOS LOCATED from Paul Vaast!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    dover1320

Two pics above D&d vet and camero shot Phil Flynn is standing next to his Dart that he still has also i have a pic of A d&d vega with same paint scheme. Brian

dino
        Keymaster

I’ll repost that Shot of the D& D vette wheelstanding ‘without’ cropping Phils head off 😆 …Oh ….D&D?:
            http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1154

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Hey Dino, Brian, that’s real COOL stuff your posting !! Those D & D pictures and the
                flier bring back memories. In an earlier post, I mentioned “Duhaime Flats”. Ed Prout
                was familiar with that straight away also… 😆

Frank…

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote dover1320:

Two pics above D&d vet and camero shot Phil Flynn is standing next to his Dart that he still has also i have a pic of A d&d vega with same paint scheme. Brian

Sorry Phil….He can be seen burning out of cruise nights in Ct. with this SAME car.

Attachments:

ptulli
                    Participant

“We know it as the 1957 Corvette of the Duhain Brothers (owner’s of the original D&D Performance on the Berlin Turnpike just outside of Hartford Connecticut). They sponsored our car when we ran Connecticut as an A/S and later as a SS/C car in the early 70s. The comment about the Vega is correct. They ran a Vega in the hopes of going Pro with it, but they went out of business in 1972 or 73. Luckily, Mike Esposito at D&D Performance in Bridgeport (a franchise of the original D&D who stayed in business) stepped up to help us. He was a class guy.

Phil Tulli

cduhaime

Hey all,

My father Ron was Jerry’s brother. I found this thread and the pics last night and shared them with my dad this morning and he really enjoyed seeing them as he remembered that car well. One interesting thing my dad told me was how when he was involved with the Bristol Champlains hockey team, he had the goalie’s mask painted in that same stars and strips motif.

Does anyone have any more memorabilia?

Thanks!

Craig Duhaime

dino
                            Keymaster

well….27000 posts here… over 170000 hits on the site and over 2700 topics…plus 4200 photos in ODF Premium Members gallery. Memorabilia? …we got it …see the store page… BUT we get Dover Memorabilia from guys like you that hit the old family photo albums and connect up with lost racers And fans for their stories.Can Ron Find Jerry and hit him up for stuff?.
                                Put what you’re looking for in the search feature…names, businesses,cars …you may be surprised whats here already.

cduhaime

Thanks Dino, but unfortunately Jerry passed away about 20 years ago (not of cancer though). I was wondering if anyone had any D & D memorabilia.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.