RACE Coverage- Photos & Storys HERE

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 6th Annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags 2014 RACE Coverage- Photos & Storys HERE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Day One completed…200 + cars entered…Ran off like clockwork…Neto- Nendra- East Coast Gasser All Ran… While we pulled off unlimited Time Trials….Checked the Car entry computor and saw one guy got 11 runs in!,wth most Dover guys doing 3-4-5 as they choose to. Waitnig for Photo Coverage .POST YOUR SHOTS HERE….Doc Burgess IN THE House with his Mini “Black Arrow” with son Rich as cheif…Patsy Judson And Lisa running the Goodie Booth.All the Regulars in attendance …Mikey & Tom Blake from Florida….. Freds s Speed Shop Crew…Waletr Hasselman debuted his 33 Willys…Ernie Fired up the Comanche Fueler ,so we all got a nitro dose.Broher Mike with the Comp Coupe on Display….and the usual core group back again, …too many to list. Tomorrow thge Big day with Car Show & Eliminations. We should Kick off the “Show” at 12:30-1. Time Trials at 9.

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Dino, thanks for the GREAT weekend!!!!
            Gonna be tough to top #6!!!!!!
            Oh, first round trans brake had a electrical malfunction and I rolled a red light!
            Only fitting that Don Gallant was there with his street roadster just like he was 53 years ago the day Dover Drag Strip opened! ‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
            Participant

THANK YOU DINO!!! Excellent show! I wasn’t able to make Saturday’s meet,but I sure made up for it on Sunday!!! THANK YOU V Bob and Mike L for letting me help a little with the Vega, it means a lot! I owe a ‘LOT’ to Patsy and Lisa in the ‘Goodie Booth’ for finding my wallet; both are ‘sweethearts’! 4X4 Marty (2 time Nationals winner, and record holder) after years,finally got together! Thank you Pat and Mike D for bringing Bill Feyh ( aka ‘Willie the Welder’) who originally built Pat’s M.G.Last time I saw Bill was ’64’ ! Always great to see Fred from Fred’s Speed Shop, and chat ole times. Junior Hopkins and his wife, love you guys ( Junior was one of Jack Merkel’s crew back in the day). I appreciated ‘many’ photos Junior took out at the gasser Meltdown Drags,in Byron,IL.when they were out there.Junior was doing 60 foot ‘wheelies’ with Ron Normann’s restored ‘Airso Brothers’ B/GS Willys coupe! Fuzzy Munson,great to see you and your beautiful black Willys.It finally got to pound the 1/4 mile pavement! This is just some of the golden moments I had, and as usual, went ‘too’ fast! GREAT TIME, thank you all !!! Pete.

abadwillys

Sorry, we couldnt make to Sundays Show, On my one pass on Saturday, i ran a 7.98@170 on a somewhat slick track, but at the end of the pass as i turned off the track a right front tire blew out!! thankfully it didnt happen on the pass!, furthur investigating we found the tread had seperated, on a 2 year old Goodyear front runner!, we were able to get the car back to the trailer using fellow racers trailer spare, but since it was already late saturday afternoon, we couldnt come up with a tire in order to race on Sunday. so we packed it in..Sorry we missed Sunday, but thats Racin.. as they say
                    Thanks Dino for putting on this Awesome Event!!

babycakes
                    Participant

Bryan, THANK THE LORD up above! WOW! That is ‘scary! Yeah,I was lookin’ for ya Sunday. Thankfully, the serious problem was found,’after’ the run! I don’t even want to think about what would had happen at the ‘high’ speeds you crank out! Glad everything’s all right now! Pete.

babycakes
                        Participant

How can I ‘forget’ to mention Tom Blake,and his ‘BEAUTIFUL’ 55 Chevy, ‘ODD JOB’. Tom,it was ‘great’ meeting and talking to ya Sunday! The ’55’ is flawless, you and your ‘main’ squeeze really outdid yourselves, making it ‘top’ shelf! 😉 Pete.

vbob
                            Participant

HEY
                                Bryan, Tiny, if it had to happen that was theee best place I guess!!!!
                                You’ll be back!!!
                                ‘V’

patina
                                Participant

Didn’t get many pictures but here is what I got!

Ciao, Pat

Attachments:

patina
                                    Participant

More! Wayne “Jr.” Hopkins is a friend of mine from the 60’s. He worked on Jack Merkel’s car and at the shop. And was a record holding Stock class racer before he retired from racing. He still has his 69 Camaro Z-28 F/S car with 20,000 original miles its for sale.

Attachments:

patina
                                        Participant

Some more.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Pat, nice pics. I have some camera/phone pics that I’d like to add. Thank you Dino and
                                                crew for another great event . Thank you John Shimer for making all the arrangements and
                                                hosting Mikey McDermott’s stay. It was really great to see Mikey smiling and chatting it up
                                                with all his race buddies. All of us support Mikey and know he will conquer his health issues.
                                                Good to see Judy Casey on Saturday to help us all remember Billy’s birthday, There’s always a
                                                good Bill Casey story. 😆 Thanks everyone ❗

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Here are some more… 😆

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…… Dover Drag Strip time trial # 1 …….http://youtu.be/3oinB31YbVE?list=UUhml4_IVKUyOistftK6O0pQ , Dover Drag Strip time trial #2 ……..http://youtu.be/xuN_xD5Yhb8?list=UUhml4_IVKUyOistftK6O0pQ , hope this works enjoy the video , I enjoyed making them ❗

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

……. Dover Drag Strip race , Dover Vintage Tomatohead eliminations , 4th round loser …… round one , http://youtu.be/LEJPgXgWE40?list=UUhml4_IVKUyOistftK6O0pQ , round two http://youtu.be/o8WZziFlmI4?list=UUhml4_IVKUyOistftK6O0pQ , round three , http://youtu.be/BbhcWEOv4J4?list=UUhml4_IVKUyOistftK6O0pQ , round four , http://youtu.be/6ImtSQx6AQw?list=UUhml4_IVKUyOistftK6O0pQ maybe next time ……………. 😀

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Here’s a few more…
                                                                Frank… 😆

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.