RACER HARDSHIP/ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2nd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2010 ! RACER HARDSHIP/ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Got this idea by inspiration of -well ,lets just say I got it. No need to reply…just thought Id’e throw this out. As is -the current state of ‘everything’ and since “We All In ThisTogether” based on our our common heritage-upbringing and like our song says “In the pits -you’re Family” .And…. based on last years input from broken trailers-breakdowns and last minute problems ,arriving too late, not at all…I came up with the’ Racer Hardship & Assistance Program’. Real Simple…We put a big Jug at the Goodie Booth Table.Those that ‘Can” contribute …put some bucks in the jug.(especially those that don’t need that 9th hot dog). We have some real Smart Cookies in the group (Not Me)…at least three to determine to the distribution of donations (All collected) to any racer(s)that “need ” the bucks to get: fixed-Eat-Get Home-find a room -?. Hey-S**T Happens …not good -not bad “Just Does” .We Also EXPECT > Non Monatary Help and assistance to ANYBODY…from loaning a tool to pushing a car in a trailer.THAT shouldn’t even have to be mentioned. “FAMILY”—even if you argue with your ‘Brother’ —-He’s still your Brother. NOT ‘Intitlments- hand out ‘… but Showing All The Others watching us …we at Dover “take Care of our own” , and set the right example. The Jug is being Lettered -end of race ,it should be empty.This will all be done confidentially -no names mentioned and not for public knowledge . We’ll only say afterwards -“We took care of Business” . ;)We’ll announce the procedure at Track.

dino
        Keymaster

Hmmm… Already have a Non -Monetary Request. Looking for a Golf Cart to lend to a very deserving Dover guy for the race. He doesn’t want to use a wheel chair and look handicapped ( “Its a Guy Thing”) .Does have difficulty walking for long periods of time. Lets see if we can make his two days comfortable .Contact Me …Oh it would be cool if I hand some ‘mode ‘ of transportation Too.I like mini-bikes actually -Golf cart might come in handy for hauling something ? Be nice if it had a motor but bike ,not out of the question.I did one day on foot last year ..Two days -No.

dino
            Keymaster

Note: If anything Not distributed or left over …this Money will be ‘held” aside for Any Forum Member …It will Become a new feature we can continue after the race ….Dover guys Helping Dover Guys.

masracingtd1167
                Participant

Dino gotcha covered on the golf cart .
                    ..Excellent ! …He’ll be there Both Days….Now I need some ‘wheels'[Dino]

dino
                    Keymaster

Southern N/Y -Southern Ct. Alert ! …Might need some hauling volunteers for racers that have no way to get car to track …Who’s got Rollbacks or empty Trailers available. Doing this post NOW …to have “In Stock” back-up ….Just In Case .Hey- “Things happen” ….Contact me if you can be available. I’m sure they’de pay the gas bill. But wer’e Family Remember ? Could have used this ‘connection’ last year…had a few breakdowns and last minute ‘stuff’ go down ,and weren’t prepared.

vindicator
                        Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Dino-guys…won’t be @ Island…but will “deliver” $***for “fund”… to where-ever/whom-ever…you “direct” me to!…have golf cart,trailers, anyone is welcome to use as well…just “logistiocs” from here in North Carolina 😆 😆 😆 …the “issue”…just let me know…what to “do”…”Hoss”… 😀 😀 😀 Drake

dino
                            Keymaster

Thanks Drake …I’ll contact you direct….We’ll all keep dollar amounts and donors on the ‘Q T’….. And you get a shirt (With the Falcon on it)

dino
                                Keymaster

SECOND GOLF CART NEEDED ….For Billy Casey…Saturday. See Bobby Smith or Me at the Track.….So what am I drivin??? the ol’ shoe leather express…? 🙁 scooter-bike -unicycle…roller skates? promise I won’t Break It.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Carts supplied by Bill M. and from John at Newburgh Auto Glass for Rich Marchese…Thanks Guys ,it made thier visit more enjoyable. AND the money recieved was well used ,as a racer blew a compressor belt on the way fom motel to track and fixed him right up.

dino
                                        Keymaster

THIS IS STILL ACTIVE for any resonable need in our Dover Family. Not much in the Fund ….Help build it up if you can .Keeping in seperate ‘secure location’ and will consult key people for review of any requests.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

John, Bill & Dino: I have not been on site for awile but wanted to THANK YOU ALL for the use of the Cart, it was a VERY BIG HELP!!! 😮 😀
                                                Thanks again,
                                                Rich M&M

PS: Who’s BETTER than Dover Guy’s?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.