racing yonkers ? at dover?

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? racing yonkers ? at dover?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tb7118

any one know the where abouts of any yonkers racers

dino
        Keymaster

We got em all here !…put Yonkers in the search feature….22 PAGES OF POSTS WITH WORD ‘YONKERS….Maso …give him the “list” ….Casey-Egloff-Castaldo-Outlaws-Rizzo- Ok Yonkers Guys …Check In

dino
            Keymaster
                quote tb7118:

Just put a Name your’e looking for in search ..Probably here someplace.

maso
                Participant

The city of Yonkers has two centers. South Yonkers is centered around Getty’s Square and the other Yonkers ( my Yonkers ) is centered around the intersection of Central Ave. and Tucahoe Rd. The GramDog, The late Billy Casey, Larry Nutson and I are the only ones on board here who represent that area but we knew all of the ones from there directly even if we have lost contact with most of them.

Bert Melody was from somewhere in Yonkers. He’s the guy who beat Don Garlits in an early rear engin dragster up in Montgomery back in the 1950’s.

The “Outlaws” were from South Yonkers and we didn’t know much about them.

don-kauer

Put Jack Karl and Al Pic on the list…..Plus a host of the guys from Flips (not only Bx. guys)….Sal Dipalo….Gary Gardner, Butch Gardner, Jerry Roberts…I grew up in the Bronx but hung out at Nathans and Tanglewood alot………I could go on forever 🙂 …. 🙂 8-)………………….Hey Maso……It’s called GETTO SQUARE 😆 😆 😆 ……………

penny
                            quote dinotheweirdo:

quote tb7118:

Just put a Name your’e looking for in search ..Probably here someplace.

sany cacciola ron vigil the outlaws owned a gas station on nepperhan ave yonkers

the-collector
                            Participant

My pops is a Yonkers racer who ran at Dover!! Bob bowman!!! Ran the Collector,51 anglia.. He is still alive and well. And we’re looking for his old car????? If you ran outta Yonkers you know who he is!!!!!

patina
                                Participant

I don’t recall it myself but you have to help others out . What year did it run, color, lettering (if any). Who built engine (if a machine shop). You might also try on Face book a forum called “All Things Anglia” I’m still looking for the “Cali Bros.” A/G Anglia that ran out of Jack Merkels shop. The ran in the mid 60s.

Good Luck, Pat

Attachments:

vbob
                                    Participant

Hey

Pat, that one looks a lot like Frank Majauskas’s anglia ???

‘V’

patina
                                        Participant

Did he buy it when it looked like this in about 69?
                                            I can’t load file. I’ll send you the photo.
                                            Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

Pat Its ALL here…Use search feature …I put in Collector got this :
                                                http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4258&hilit=collector

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.