Ray Simpson #999 on the forum

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Ray Simpson #999 on the forum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ray Simpson ,cleverly disguised as “Homer” of S & S Electric, Bethel, CT., becomes #999 on the forum…..WELCOME aboard!

babycakes
        Participant

Welcome aboard Ray! Tell us a little about ya,did you race or spectate at ‘Dover’? Do you have a drag car or street rod at present?

dino
            Keymaster

Cakes …Ray ran with us at the Danbury Racearena (Stock Cars)and I’ll pick his brain a little. Good Electrician Too !for you Danbury area guys .

dino
                Keymaster

Ray ran Dover in 71-72 with a big block marina blue chevelle. SS/E was a tough class then..he said ” I should have run C/S”….only towed it up once…mostly drove to the track. And…Ray ran the the House Of Speed ‘Sat N.Y”. truck Run for Chet & Charlie, delivering all over ,including M&M Speed -Mt.Kisco ,Westchester–Putnam and as far as Middletown.. Funny what happenes when you ask “did you Run At Dover?” He was also involved with Jack Ely at the stock Car track in danbury and later with Jack when he dabbled in Winston Cup,and the Nascar Modified Series.

fastlane

wow lot of dover history tonight happened back on this day . sure am curious if i was the one who helped get to the 1000 mark in here it has been a lousy month but i would like to see if dino knows if most or the last 10 or so of these folks were from the connecticut area as i alerted from the last c.s.r.a. in november 2010 until this past months spring meet at bristol on may 1st a lot of folks onto this website d.d.s. 😉 com

dino
                        Keymaster

Quite possible Fastlane…last 10 or 15 are predominantly from up there…Ray here just happened to call about something else and I turned him on to the site….Funny …he worked for House Of Speed -ran Dover -and frequented the Sycamore cruise, being right in Bethel & still is. Oh- he drove the # 83 for a stint too, at Danbury Track,owning it for awhile.It’ still running the Antique Stock Car cuicut, 30 years later,by it’s original owner (Bennett).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.