Ray Skronski ,Kurtzman & Bats….LETTERING GUYS

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Ray Skronski ,Kurtzman & Bats….LETTERING GUYS

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

vindicator
        Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Hey…Dino…did all the Carmel Ford/Vindicator cars for about 10 years…or so…then he wondered off to Woodstock..or wuz’ it Wonder-lust???!!!*** ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† …and we went…”holly—-woood”…and the next thing I know (“just”… 30 years later ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† )…he’s in North Carolina…we didn’t know it…or think it then…but all those “times”(way back when) were truly “special” ‘eh…those real american magnesium wheels (not aluminum)…in the picture of the Comet…were borrowed from Roy Hanshee/Mr.Toad…Roy was a REAL GOOD GUY…”if” he liked U…HE’D GIVE YA’ THE PROVERBIAL…shirt…off his back or the wheels/tires…off his race car ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† …guess I knew…where I stood with him! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† :lol:…don’t really have any photos of the Comet (a home-brewed “coyote”)…Dino & I…were young “buckeroos”…back then…my dad & family always did/do love “the Dino”…glad to re-unite…while I’m still on the planet ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† …there may a car or two…yet…for ol’ Dino…to do! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Drake

dino
            Keymaster

Notice front fender says …’It’s a wedge’ ๐Ÿ˜€ …..Meatball and sometimes Sausage & Pepper…yeah , lunch at Carmel Ford…part of the perks.These guys knew their food!

clicata

Dino just to let you know that RAY lettered all of Charlie Castaldo’scars after you did the automatic dart to the first pro car (73 CHALLENGER) . My favorite was the SS/DA challenger and the A/MP dart.
                    chas.

dino
                    Keymaster

JOHN KURTZMAN just sent this:
                        Don’t have pictures of dover race cars, however there must be someone with pictures of cars I lettered. Bill Flynn’s “Yankee Peddlar”, Bill Lagana’s “Locomotion”, Fred Ruff’s “Buzzin Half A Dozen” anglia, Al Hanna’s “Eastern Raider funny car, Al Bowes “Mongoose”corvette, Al DeAngelis “Mystery WIllis”, Don Coppola’s 413 Plymouthg latter to become the “Boccanfuso Bros.” The “Bee LIne” A\G supercharged Willys, Mel Perry’s “Super Hugger”,Tom Akoury’s “Golden Go Getter” 53 Corvette, Dick Moroso’s Corvette “Moroso Performance Yankee Cheater”, Bob Krajuski’s “Northern Comet”, Jim Maybeck’s “Screaming Eagle” funny corvair. Off topic, I lettered most of the Newman-Sharp race cars plus made the headers. I am the last person to Gold Leaf the “Sugar Blues Offy” for Jerry Willets. Also several Danbury “Race Arena” race cars. The reason I can’t remember most of those vehicles is because I recently cleaned house and put those old patterns in the dumpster.
                        The reason for my interest in the Dover website was to get the intended location and date for the 2013 event.
                        John

told John to Use Search with all those names and stand back ๐Ÿ˜‰
                        And….by masracingtd1167 ยป Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm
                        John lettered this one

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Sending These and more to John

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Kurtzmans work on Screaming Eagle of Jim Maybeck….orginally the Super Shaker owned by Pete Seaton

Attachments:

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.