Rebel RR1 – The oldest new kid on the block!

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Rebel RR1 – The oldest new kid on the block!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rebel-rr1

Hi everyone,
        My name is Ron. I have been in and around drag racing, since the mid ’60’s. I never ran with the big boys, but I often ran after them. I did some racing at Englishtown which was closer to my home. I never was to Dover, but heard about it and what went on there. I love this site and the photos that are here. I joined hoping to find out something about one of the cars I now own that may have raced there. Perhaps some of the photos or members will be able to help me out.
        Rebel RR1 was the name given to AMC Rambler Rebels sold by a dealership on Staten Island, NY. Yeah, I know a “Rambler”. It is what it was, but it was a great start besides, I had family in the business and I was kind of stuck. I made the best of it! 1967 2 door hardtop, 343cu., 4 spd., 410 rear, etc., etc. If it helps, that car was followed by a new 396 SS Camaro in 1970. Any way, I’m looking forward to spending some time on this website. Thanks!

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome AMC ‘er !….post a photo if ya can…had a bunch of these runnin’ at dover . Our guys are good at diggin’ and replying BUT need a little more info …Color ? was it lettered ? any old shots of it racin ? …possibly a name ?

rebel-rr1

The Rebel was raced at Englishtown in ’68 and ’69. I had a great time and attracted lots of attention. Not too many “Ramblers” at the track. It’s been gone since the big block SS came in 1970. Wonder if anyone ever saw the car or knows what happened to it? Here’s a few pictures of it anyway.

anthonyc

Very cool car.It would be nice to have one today no one else at the cruise night would have one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.