REMEMBERING RON FROST

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? REMEMBERING RON FROST

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just talked to Ron’s wife Ceil, thanks to a lead from Skip North. Here’s a shot of Ron’s RoadRunner about 16 years ago at least. But Ron is most remembered by his ‘Black Magic” Plymouth Valiant J/G ,that was a fixture at Dover and Ron was an active member of FTA. Plenty of shots of that in the Big ODF (T.O’Shea )Members photo gallery. Ceil’s gonna be an ODF premium member Too !

Attachments:

seal

Hey,
            Dino, thanks for calling and telling me about the website. This is fantastic. Ron would have absolutely loved this! He had so much fun drag racing. He talked a lot about Dover; some of those stories! I have a wall of his trophies in the garage and a whole lot of pictures. I’d love to share some. Ceil

dover1320

Hey, Brian here when I was hanging with Skip he had picz on his wall of Ron and his car . Skip had those since Terry O’shea gave them to him 40 years ago. That says alot about all those guys and Ron .

dino
                Keymaster

So Ceil IS Seal sounds right anyway…Welcome to Forum.!!!..Ron was I true gentleman to all…..But If IF it wasn’t for all the wives and girlfriends ,like you …some of these guys would have never got to the track! Starting to get quite the DOVER Ladies Auxilery Here …. Have to start their own topic 😆 “How I got Bonehead to the Track on Time” and all I got was greasy t-shirts .

vindicator
                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY CEIL…YO’…WHERE YA’ BEEN???..ANTONIOS PIZZA IN SOUTHBURY…RONNIE DID KID ME ABOUT GOING THERE..GEEZ I THOUGHT THE FOOD/PIZZA WAS PRETTY GOOD…I WAS JUST REMINDED OF YOU & RONNIE THE OTHER DAY…IN THE “MAACO DAYS” YOU DID SOME PAINT WORK ON A ’59 CORVETTE…WHICH I HAD SOLD TO A GUY IN NORWAY…PRETTY CLOSE TO 30 YEARS AGO(BUT WHO’S COUNTING???!!!)…THE GUY STILL HAS THE CAR…SENT ME A E-MAIL “TO LET ME KNOW”…RONNIE WAS A GOOD, GOOD GUY…BUT HEY…YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT…BUT I KNOW YOU BOTH AS A GREAT TEAM…AND “THAT” IS THE WHOLE TRUTH….NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH…!!! HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR YOU…AND WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST…SINCERELY,DRAKE VISCOME 😀 😀 😀

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

Hi Ceil Billy and Kathy Masiello saying hello . We hope all is well.Ron ‘s memory can live on through this web site every time we log on.I think that’s great.

seal

Ceil here:
                                Drake – hey, good to hear from you. Thanks for your kind thoughts but you’re killing me …almost 30 years? unfortunately your right and looking back did we have FUN 😆 . I’m in FL now and have been working in the construction industry for about 10 years. I really miss working on cars and getting dirty (sometimes). How are things with you?

Billy and Kathy – how are you? Oh, the stories and memories! This site is great. Things here are going as good as can be expected in this economy. How are things with you? wasn’t your son(s) racing ?

Skip – how are you and Sue?

vindicator
                                Participant

😆 😆 😆 HEY CEIL…THE YEARS DO GO BY… DON’T THEY???!!!***…LAST I “RECALL”…YOU WERE AT THE THE “AUTO-PARK” IN DANBURY (ROY MAGNER-THE USED CAR GUY??)…DID SEE RONNIE @ LEBANON VALLEY WITH THE “BLUE” CAR… AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF “BLACK MAGIC” JUST “SEEMS ” LIKE LAST WEEK..I TRULY WISH IT WAS… DOES OLD AGE MAKE US “REPETITIVE”???!!!….BUT RONNIE WAS A GOOD GUY…AND YOU….YEAH YOU …LIKE AXL ROSE SEZ’…”YOU’RE ONE IN A MILLION,BABE”!!!…DON’T RECALL IF I FELL & “BUMPED” MY HEAD… AND JUST WOKE UP IN NORTH CAROLINA…OR MAYBE THIS IS THE FINAL “SPOT”FOR A “WILLY LOMAN CAR “SALESMAN” LIKE ME…ALL IS OK..HAD SOME CANCER ISSUES…BUT I’M IN ..BELIEVE THE WORD IS REMISSION…AT THE PRESENT…FEELING PRETTY GOOD AND QUITE FUNCTIONAL…THANX TO THE TERENZIO BROTHERS…I RE-NEWED MY FUNNY CAR LICENSE…MIGHT JUST MAKE A FEW “LAPS”…BEFORE YA’ KNOW IT…IS THERE LIFE AFTER THE CAR BUSINESS??? YOU’VE BEEN PART OF IT SO LONG…MAYBE IT’S NOT TOO LATE FOR ME…TO SEND IN MY APPLICATION FOR CULINARY SCHOOL!!! IT’S REALLY WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO…BUT THERE’S SOMETHING ABOUT CARS/GARAGES…IT’S A-KIN TO THE LOVING THE SMELL OF NAPALM (ROBERT DUVALL-“APOCOLYPSE-MOVIE”)IN THE MORNING…I HOPE ALL IS VERY WELL FOR YOU….HEALTH & HAPPINESS,SUCCESS WISE…YOU DESERVE MUCH OF BOTH…”TALK” TO YOU SOON… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE VISCOME

dino
                                    Keymaster

Found this cruisin the Big ODF members photo gallery…For you guys to see what where talkin about….Ron’s “Black Magc ” Valient

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

OH boy Oh Boy…Ron’s wife was So cool to send us (just got the big package from U.S.Mail) ALL kinds of stuff …large amount of Photos…DVDs …time slips ….A LOT ! …have to sort through it all …so stand by for some things, Again, not seen by the public for a least 20 years ! Thanks SEAL… we’ll send it all back after we scan & save . !

dino
                                            Keymaster

Sorry …I took so long posting these….Ron running At Island(Hey we’ll be back soon!)…Lebanon…and some of his Trophies in Florida garage…..the guys that were there, can fill you In on Ron’s Funeral…Amazing …Guys….?

(by masracingtd1167 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 )
                                                “I was there [DOVER] about 2 years ago, oddly enough for a funeral. Former racer Ron Frost -“Black Magic “,asked to have his ashes buried at Dover.His wife Ceal asked permission and was told it was ok.The funeral service was held at the very end of the shut down area.That was the first time that I had ever been back since the day it closed.Very strange feeling.” )…in Dover “gone” topic

Attachments:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.