RIP: Al Oakes

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION RIP: Al Oakes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ssrsl34
    Participant

Saddened today to read about the passing of Al Oakes at 91 years young. He was a true pioneer in drag racing from the 60’s into the 70’s. Many may remember Al as the pilot “The Growler” Anglia. He also ran the Loehmann Chevrolet Novas and Camaros. Goodspeed Al. Start some grudge races in heaven.

ssrsl34
        Participant
            ssrsl34
            Participant
                dino
                Keymaster
                    ssrsl34
                    Participant

Al also raced an Arctic Cat 800cc King Kat in 1971

vbob
                        Participant

GOD bless you Al and thank you GOD for sharing your son with us.
                            ‘V’

Attachments:

smokey-dragct
                            Participant

al will be missed by all.he had a lot of good stories and we enjoyed talking with each other at the nostalgic drags in sept. rest in peace al

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Amen V-Man…Very well said. Al was certainly a Prince ❗ We were all very lucky to have
                                    known him ❗ I know that he’s in good hands now ❗ Here’s a pic of Al in my garage checking
                                    out his original 409 valve covers from his 64 Impala B/FX, hanging on my wall. Mike Leroux had
                                    brought Al to my place after taking him to the Dover Winter Fest. Thank you Mike for that….
                                    “Thank you Al for all the great memories that you left with us” ❗

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.