Rizzi’s Auto Parts

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Rizzi’s Auto Parts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bobrizzi

Rizzi’s Auto Parts White Plains, NY opened up in 1975 next to DePalos Dugout. Ran a 1968 427 Chevelle and sponsored the 1974 Maverick of Marino & Vitalee (Roush car). Was there 10 years supplied many locals their hard core track parts before turning to a wholesale oriented operation. Still around today.

Attachments:

bossguy

Didn’t that Maverick get totaled in the pits at Englishtown?

don-kauer

Well, Well, Well………………..Riz…….I’ve just put this all together..Unfortunately I do know you 😆 😆 😆 We’ve both mentoined Len Altizio, Ricky Futia, Jim Depaolo and your parts store all of which I remembered…This told me that yes we were in each others company many times…………………Now you mention a friend from Mt. Vernon who was a White Plains cop and bought the 4 dr. Maverick from Wayne Gapp and Jack Roush………..Jimmy Martino……..Yes I knew him well and I remember when you were involved with that car….This all came together….Riz, what happened to Jimmy? I know what happened with the cops and the car but did he get straightened out….I really liked him…..I hung out with Jim and his old girlfriend Irene when they lived on Bronx River Rd. ………………………….Don………..

bobrizzi

Jimmy was a good guy we got along good. I have not seen him in years.I heard alot of stories of what went on with him and his brother and I hope that he got it all together.He set me up with all of the cops in White Plains and in 76′ during the blackout he made shure that somebody watched the store all night.That article in the paper plus the local radio station running ‘COP & MAILMAN DRAG RACER SPOTS” put the icing on the cake for Jim. Riz~~~

dino
                    Keymaster

Yo RIZ…Wake up!…what are you bringing to our party to run ?—Island -Sept.?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.