Road Knights, Peekskill, NY

Forums Forums CAR CLUB ROLL CALL…dover days /check in Road Knights, Peekskill, NY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Dino
        if you do have already here is the link for the Road Knights Car Club from Peekskill, NY, Just had there 26th annual car show. Not sure if their old max wedge fed is still down at Don Garlets museum in fla. 😮

http://www.roadknights.info/

that’s it for now.
        Bobby S.

dino
        Keymaster

Yep -maso posted the photo of the car in museum somewhere and I contacted them once and never got a reply….Dover CSI …get on their case ! .

maso
            Participant
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Yep -maso posted the photo of the car in museum somewhere and I contacted them once and never got a reply….Dover CSI …get on their case ! .

The picture that you’re refering to was taken by me at Don Garlits’ museum in Ocala, Fl.

dino
                Keymaster

Thanks Maso…any way you can Zoom in on that sign ,crop & post ? in low res ..I tryed and its just a blur.

maso
                    Participant
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Thanks Maso…any way you can Zoom in on that sign ,crop & post ? in low res ..I tryed and its just a blur.

Not really. Blur here too…

C’mon Down…!!!
                        ( Remember Jim Daily used to say that…! )
                        to Florida… and see it for your self.
                        You could come to the Moroso Nostalgia event on Nov. 9th. then check out the museum yourself on the way back. Maybe you could tag along with Ed and Tami Fargo… eh…???

dino
                        Keymaster

I’m a little amazed that such an active club at Dover all through the early sixties with hard core racers , hasn’t even responded to an e-mail OR phone call. They have a site, current members and still “conduct’ events …whats the deal ? Anybody Know any of them over there in Peekskill, N.Y. area ?

fredrice

Hey Dino,
                                I used to belong to the Road Knights back 82-86. I think they are mostly Street Rodders now ….but I could be wrong.FR

bossguy

Hey Dino, I spoke with one of my customers in Peekskill, he knew the owner of the dragster in Garlits Museum. He knows another old timer member but says the guy doesn’t own a computer. I told him you were looking for pics and stories from the club and he said he’d see what he could do. Jack Karl

dino
                                    Keymaster

Thanks for that Jack…I’ll be waiting “actual owner” thats interesting.

maso
                                        Participant
                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Thanks for that Jack…I’ll be waiting “actual owner” that sinteresting.

The story I heard… and I don’t know how true this is, but… [ Rummor Disclaimer… ]

It was owned by one John Fico and on his last trip down the Dover ashpault had a weld holding his seat intact brake and poor John got a nasty road rash on his ass from it at 140+ mph.

Let’s see if we can confirm that, for “posterity”… 😆

gramdog1
                                            Participant

Maso, who did the welding, your brother Jack? 😆 😆

maso
                                                Participant
                                                    quote Gramdog1:

Maso, who did the welding, your brother Jack? 😆 😆

Phat Chance Gram Dog…

My brother’s welding was superb. The inspectors on the gas pipelines out west wouldn’t even bother to test his welds on the job because his reputation was so good.

bossguy

Dino, the customer I talked to in Peekskill said he called the secratary of the Road Knights and they said they will get on it. I also talked to another customer who knows some members and he said he will put the word out. We shall see.

billyv
                                                        Participant

Dino.
                                                            name is billy venezia (billyv), joined your web site yesterday.
                                                            the Road Knight dragster is still in Ocala, I don’t know why no body returned your e-mail.
                                                            I’ve been a Road Knight for quite a few years now.
                                                            Next sunday (sept 20) were having our 27th show on the river front in Peekskill.
                                                            you guys have a great site,
                                                            BILLY V

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote billyv:

…the Road Knight dragster is still in Ocala BILLY V

Yes it is, and here is the picture that I took of it there in 2004.

Dino has seen this before.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.