ROGER GARREN Found in N.C.

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? ROGER GARREN Found in N.C.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Hi Dino:
        here is a picture of my drag car that you lettered back in 1992, where I asked you to put( I LEFT MY HEART AT DOVER DRAG STRIP ) on the front end. I included some photos of Dover and I have the original Danbury news times paper with the grand opening on the cover dated July 14 1961.
        I was at the store the other day and was looking at the Feb 09 hot rod magazine and on page 69 it has a photo of Dover .
        I haved moved to north Carolina ( the Outer Banks ) and I still race the car at the local track ( 1/8 ) mile.
        I have a number of photos of Dover, I was there on May 14 1961 and also May 16 1976. geat web site and look forward to viewing it, keep up the great work
        thanks Roger Garren

AWESOME FIND …The Car ! ….Roger…And who HAS THAT PAPER ? Probably He’s the ONLY ONE ….Wow…Roger—->Check out Drag Racer Magazine article !!!!…edit-dino

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Reading that awsome Ad !!! Ok who’s “John Fetty” with the Blown Chrysler that’s mentioned ??? need more history details here.

dino
            Keymaster

Just talked to Roger on the phone…ANOTHER NEW source for great history ,info and MORE! . We’re getting together to Duplicate that Newspaper Ad ! AND GET THIS …Roger has HIS OWN VIDEO ! he took in 1991 , at the track ,after getting permission of previous owners to do so !! he did a complete walk-around …remember , this was in 1991…I’m getting the ORIGINAL to copy . We’ll be hearing more from him …he’s on the forum now…And He used to work at Chev. dealer (Kiernan) in Pawling. Was there OPENING day AND DAY it closed !…remembers running Lee Valentine every week.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.