RON DOLLINGER-SPEED PARTS CENTER

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? RON DOLLINGER-SPEED PARTS CENTER

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

THIS IS why I like what this Website has evolved to ,Got this e-mail from Ron’s Daughter :

Hi Dino,
        I am the daughter of Ron Dollinger (who passed in 1980). He owned Speed Parts Center and Bob LaRegina drove for him. I remember the Dover drag strip well for a little kid, I experienced it all standing right there next to the car as they smoked the tires, racing down the strip after the car to bring it back and walking around the pits. I am looking for photos or video clips of my dad or his AA Altered or of his friend, Ralph Feola, who raced a corvette.

I love what you did with the dover web site and was very glad to find it.

Sincerely,
        Diane (Dollinger) Paone

[Diane asked me to post her E-Mail address , If you Knew Ron .
        Seems she’s quite the accomplished creative person….judging by her website:
        http://www.dianepaone.com AND she’s on the forum. Click on ‘dpaone’ user name to e-mail or private message !]….Any photo help here Guys?..I’ll hit the ODF gallery for some………edit-dino

diane@dianepaone.com

Attachments:

dpaone

Thanks for posting this Dino!

It is a wonderful feeling you get when you help others. You are sowing something wonderful here with this website and I hope you continue to reap great rewards.

I am planning a tribute web site for my father which is why I am reaching out to collect photos, video and other memories. I welcome hearing from anyone who has a connection to Ronnie. The web address is SpeedPartsCenter.com or RonDollinger.com. There is nothing there yet (as of 9-7-08) but I will have something there soon if only a photo and short blurb until I can obtain a substantial amount of information to do something really nice.

I can’t tell from this size photo you posted, but I think that is Bob LaRegina driving.

-Diane

dino
            Keymaster

Thought Diane would appreciate this Great Terry O’Shea shot from the ODF Gallery……………………

Attachments:

cullyflower

Here is a photo that I have I think it was taken at Maple Grove Dragway in Pa. Who is the guy standing
                    behind the car in the first picture here and in my photo?

Edit-Dino: Resized Your photo ..you got the whole scanner bed With the photo AND THAT GUY STANDING (behind car) IN YOUR PHOTO IS Bobby LaRegina…in the first color shot …who knows ?…maybe Al the Starter?

Attachments:

cullyflower

Hi Dino Thanks for fixing this up for me. This was my first attempt at sending a photo. This is just
                        the start though and I have enough photos to become a real pro at doing this or else being a real pain
                        to you if you have to fix them all. Thanks Charlie

dino
                        Keymaster

Always looking for More Dover Photos…helps us “piece” together” history. IF you want -pack em’ up -send them ..we can scan -edit and send right back.

anthony-terenzio
                                quote cullyflower:

Here is a photo that I have I think it was taken at Maple Grove Dragway in Pa. Who is the guy standing
                                behind the car in the first picture here and in my photo?

Edit-Dino: Resized Your photo ..you got the whole scanner bed With the photo AND THAT GUY STANDING (behind car) IN YOUR PHOTO IS Bobby LaRegina…in the first color shot …who knows ?…maybe Al the Starter?

reply for 1st quote / from the profile it looks like my brother Gene on the starting line at dover

dino
                                Keymaster

Your’e RIGHT ….look at that nose !

masracingtd1167
                                    Participant

HI Billy Masiello here. I knew Ron very well spent a lot of late nights working on my motors at speed parts center Bob Laragina and Billy Casey were always there sure learned a lot from those guys .there are some pictures of Ron in the Terry O shea collection. they were taken at the Berkshire Lodge at end of year party.Bobby L was a partner with Ron for a long time he knew Ron better than anybody .

yonkersbrad

anyone remember a guy named GARY PIERCE who used to lend a hand around ronnie’s shop….?? he worked the night shift over at AT&T in white plains and hand out during the day at ronnies place…i worked the day shift at he phone company and we used to cross paths…..

paul-ceasrine

Yonkersbrad,

Gary Pierce………..Hatch’s All American……….Washingston Street, Peekskill, New York

Gary ran his brown 1957 ‘Handyman Special’ 283/220 HP in N/SA and O/SA.

yonkersbrad

thanks…..remember gary being a good guy and dedicated racer…………..

yonkersbrad

wonder if hatch’s is now rons service station @ 120 washington st in peekskill..??

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Bobby S. might know.

paul-ceasrine

Yonkersbrad,

Hatch’s All-Amercan was originally an Amoco Gas Station/Service Center, at 120 Washington Street.

Photo of Gary Pierce’s 1957 Sedan Delivery……… in the Speed Shops From Dover’s Past thread.

Check out Speed Parts Center (on Page 1)

Gary ran in N/SA in 1968, and O/SA in 1969, and P/SA in 1970.

14.80’s. A very nice 283/220 HP ‘Handyman Special’.

A good article about Gary and his car, in either Super/Stock and Drag Illustrated or Hi Performance Car.
                                                                About how he put it together on a budget of $2500 for the 1968 season.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.