RONNIE ROUFF still telling stories to family

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls RONNIE ROUFF still telling stories to family

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kiana04

Hi, my name is Marion Rouff Wright, daughter of ron rouff, granddaughter of fred and marion rouff. I was looking on the internet for info on dover dragstrip for my dad recently and found your site. Ron is at the moment recovering in naugatuck connecticut from colon cancer surgery. Dad would of loved to of been at your reunion with john macey but was in Griffin hospital (derby,ct) at the time. Uncle john came to see him just before reunion and stopped in again afterwards to fill him in on the happenings. I was able to pull the website up at the hospital and show dad the pics and one of his articles he wrote about” big daddy turns 196 in 8.03 at dover”. Dad told me about another article he wrote I would like to find. The only thing he could tell me about the article is (not sure of spelling) Tommy Akurey and dad called him Dennis Nerdlinger in the article I believe he ran a 60 corvette????? I am also trying to find a picture of my brother chuck who was born in 1965 and was in the dragnews wearing a winston hat , reading dragnews possibly 1967-1970 ???? the article says : who reads dragnews why grandson of fred rouff etc…….??? Dad says hi to all who remember him and thanks for the memories, thank you again marion

dino
        Keymaster

I’m currently compiling some copies to send you with his “By-Line’ . We wish him a speedy recovery ! and send him OUR (Dover Guys) best. Got your e-mail …Always searching AND finding new stuff. We’ll keep our eyes open ….Keep us informed ! search on forum for Rouff AND Macey …so much content here “search” -at top right of page ,seems best way now to find things -all topics going to multiple pages ….bunch of the family here ! and lots of stuff . Did a quick search and found this http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177&hilit=tom Dino

kiana04

Hey dino, just wondering if you have done the copies yet if so please send to marion wright, 385 Ridge Rd. Cherryfield, Maine 04622 I am doing a book for my dad of yesteryears, thanks again for your help and to anyone else that has pictures, articles etc.

quote dinotheweirdo:

I’m currently compiling some copies to send you with his “By-Line’ . We wish him a speedy recovery ! and send him OUR (Dover Guys) best. Got your e-mail …Always searching AND finding new stuff. We’ll keep our eyes open ….Keep us informed ! search on forum for Rouff AND Macey …so much content here “search” -at top right of page ,seems best way now to find things -all topics going to multiple pages ….bunch of the family here ! and lots of stuff . Did a quick search and found this http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177&hilit=tom Dino
                dino
                Keymaster

Hey Girl …Just tripped over this …When you last posted (Sat-9am) we were all at Island Dragway ! Still getting settled after the “race” …Haven’t forgot …and Brian just got me some more I have to go through.

dino
                    Keymaster

Found all the articals Am copying them for you -Brian our historian gave me his “Books’ To borrow at Nostalgia Drags

kiana04

thanks again, really appreciate everything, I only wish dad and I lived closer so we could chime in often. The good news is he is near danbury now and island drags so if all goes well for him I will come down next year and bring him to both, marion

dino
                            Keymaster

Dino,

It is with great sadness that I’m writing to you today. My Uncle Ron Rouff passed away Sunday morning 4/21/2013, after a long courageous battle with cancer. As you may remember he was the son of the late Fred and Marion Rouff. He is survived by his wife Flo and his son Chuck and daughters Marion, Lisa, Wendy, Tracy and Rhonda, and several grandchildren,. He was predeceased by his son Ron,Jr.

Sincerely,

Jo-Ann Macey Swett

babycakes
                                Participant

JoAnn,to both you and the family, sorry to hear about your ‘great’ loss. May he rest in peace. 🙁

kiana04

Hi Dino,
                                        I was going to write to you about my Dad, Ron Rouff but I see my cousin Jo ann beat me to it. I also wanted to look for more pictures in the gallery but everytime I click on one I get a trojan horse warning ? Is the sight infected or having problems? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
                                        Marion Rouff Wright

Could be your firewall in your anti-virus program….Dino

dino
                                        Keymaster

Ah-So…Papasmurph has found the problem….5 year old program from original ODF gALLERY set-up having a “senior moment’…. Since then all new technology…So soon he wil rip the whole thing apart and do his”geek-magic’ with a whole new softwear program with built current firewalls and have more fun stuff to see .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.