Sachs JR. Hired to Crew Chief 200 mph Bike

Forums Forums GENERATION GAP Sachs JR. Hired to Crew Chief 200 mph Bike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

My son got himself in a real neat situation for the2010 Drag Racing season.
        This motorcycle should have 6.50 et and 210 mph capability in the 1/4,and 4.10 et and 175 mph in the 1/8.
        John sr.

FT. LAUDERDALE, FL (Jan. 5, 2010) — Kim Morrell feels like she’s in the midst of a real-life fairy tale, except her rescuer arrived in the form of a major sponsor and her magic chariot is a 180-mph, nitrous-breathing drag bike.
        The lone woman competing regularly in the American Drag Racing League’s (ADRL’s) hyper-competitive Pro Extreme Motorcycle class, Morrell will debut a new team this season with major backing from Patent Search International, the oldest inventor service company in North America, a brand-new bike built by Timblin Chassis, new engines from DTM Performance and three-time motorcycle racing champion John Sachs,jr. calling the shots as crew chief.“It feels almost like a Cinderella story,” the Ft. Lauderdale-based mother of three admits. “Even after it started coming together I was still in shock, still in doubt it was really happening.”
        As a rookie last year with backing from Tony Wheatley (“If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have been out there, period.”), Morrell entered six of 10 ADRL races, failing to qualify each time, but gaining valuable experience all the same.
        “A lot of people doubted I could do this,” she says.. “They told me I was too small, too light to handle the bike, but by the end of the year we were doing much better and I really feel like I proved myself.”
        Still, she admits to at least one fleeting moment of doubt that was loudly dispelled by Kathie Wagner, wife of Dan Wagner, the man behind DTM and who put Morrell on the bike she rode last year.
        “She literally got in my face and yelled at me to keep going,” Morrell says. “I can’t thank her enough for having the faith in me that I really needed at that time.” Morrell also cites the support of Slater Racing’s Steve Bottomley from Under Pressure, a nitrous system provider in Ft. Lauderdale. “He’s been in my corner from day one,” she says. “I also want to say thanks to my kids, Ricky, Tommy and Shelby, for not letting me give up.”
        After narrowly missing the cut at several events, Morrell arrived last October for the year-ending LenMar Motorsports ADRL World Finals V at the Texas Motorplex, near Dallas, looking to end her rookie campaign with a solid qualifying effort. Instead, her bike was plagued by mechanical gremlins and she never even managed to make a pass in three qualifying sessions, ending her season on a decidedly down note.
        But that’s when John Crane, a close associate of Patent Search International’s founder and president, Ron Brown, decided to look her up in the pits. What he found was not a rider flinging her helmet in disgust or crying in the trailer, but a poised and determined competitor already focusing on how to improve her next time out.
        “John said he’d seen me race several times and he really liked my heart and drive,” Morrell recalls. “Then he said he thought he might know someone who could help me out and that’s how I eventually met Ron Brown and everything started coming together. I still can’t believe it’s really happened.”
        In addition to primary support from Patent Search International, Morrell has secured equipment sponsorship from Simpson Performance Products and Bates Leathers. She expects testing of the new combination to begin by late January to early February at Palm Beach International Raceway, her 2009 team sponsor.
        With everything in place, Morrell says she’s setting her sights on a top-eight points finish in 2010 to secure a coveted spot in the ADRL’s unique, championship-deciding Speedtech Battle for the Belts.
        “That’s what I’m going after, the Battle for the Belts,” she states. “I want to have a chance at the championship and with the team we’ve got now with John Crane and his son, Chase, John Sachs, Dan Wagner and Walt Timblin I really believe that’s a possibility.”
        And it would be a fitting fairy-tale ending.

Attachments:

bobby-s

John

please pass my GOOD LUCK to your son,
            sure he is ready to go and will be a team the
            rest of the racers will be watching for sure,

is there a site we can book mark and watch
            the team results during the season,

GO Jr.

Bobby S.

dino
            Keymaster

Here is the site :
                http://www.adrl.us and as you can see ,it’s todays Top Story .

Attachments:

bobby-s

got it, & marked it,
                    thanks `D

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant
                        quote BOBBY S.:

John

please pass my GOOD LUCK to your son,
                        sure he is ready to go and will be a team the
                        rest of the racers will be watching for sure,

is there a site we can book mark and watch
                        the team results during the season,

GO Jr.

Bobby S.

Thanks Bobby.
                        I sure will.
                        John 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.