School Shooting In Newtown

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION School Shooting In Newtown

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Wife just called… on the TV NOW 27 dead —18 kids at Newtown .Ct Elementary School…

http://www.livestream.com/foxct

http://www.livestream.com/cbsnews?utm_source=website-channel-page&utm_medium=related

patina
        Participant

Sad but true. Say a prayer for those lost in this senseless shooting their families and the injured.

Pat

vindicator
            Participant

Hey…have been “trying’ to “deal’ with Island Dragway closure (believe it not…a emotional time…lots of real good times/memories there)…then the news of Clem…just a real good/fun guy…he actually worked @ Carmel Ford mornings for about 5 years…for cash money doing bodywork/paint (he was as good as anybody…ever) this was to help out his $$$ situation to race with…I had to be the “one” to tell Clem…fully understanding his race car partnership with Fred Rice (parts counter-guy) at Brewster Ford (whom we had great respect/relationship with Don Hawkins-owner/Burk Grey manager)…we’d have to end our “business” relationship…you couldn’t “work” at Carmel Ford (even off the “books”)…and have neighboring dealership name/sponsor on your race car ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 my dad ( “old-school”…tough principled “cat”…about loyalty) said you brought him here…you want to “tell” him…or want me to tell him (?)…Clem fully understood…we remained friendly…didn’t “hang” out together…but plenty friendly…:D 😀 :D…like my dad…Clem “eternally ” youthful/energized…will miss the ol’ “coot”…hadn’t seen/spoke… much in last 5 years or so…wish I made it a point to do so more…did call him when his wife Jeanne passed…”Clem was Clem”…gracious”…neat/cool as ever…we spoke about a hour…now this terrible tragedy in Newtown… ain’t exactly been a “good” week… just flat-out awful…as a matter of fact…we’ll go on…’cause we have to…it doesn’t seem to ever get any easier…but…a big but…this all hurts…a lot… 😡 😡 😡 Drake

dino
                Keymaster

Drake pretty much nailed it…all this ‘hurts’…had to pick up my Daughter today from Middle School…8th grade…she hadn’t heard about it…told her ….better come from Dad first than the sensationalizing on the news. wondered…just how she really felt …It’s a whole new ball game for these kids…not at all what we experianced in the late 50’s -early 60’s in school. Old Fart -me …hard to relate to what they go through…stuff like this…gotta hurt them too. and the poor parents of those kids that got shot….how do you explain it. Sad….It’s a differant world

babycakes
                    Participant

A ‘senseless’ act that tore the heart out of all of us! I choke up just thinking and visualizing what those poor helpless children that were killed went through,the last minutes of there lives; (the innocent adults also).My God,they never stood a chance,deprived of there hopes and dreams! I have nieces and a nephew who have children around that age group,and I proudly display the pictures they send me as they get older.I could never imagine going through what these parents and relatives are going through right now with the loss of there innocent children in Newtown,especially right before Christmas,a time we all share love,happiness,and peace on earth! My prayers and thoughts go out to them for there tragic and greatfull loss.

anthonyc

Terrible,just awful. We have these deranged people out there amongst us capable of doing this stuff.

dino
                            Keymaster

I’m releasing this list of the victims /birthdates for ONE reason….Many of our “Dover Family” live in the Danbury-Newtown area…You may be one of these …and you may recognize or know one of these familys. Do what you can if you know these Families.It was just released by the State Police to the press. Each Family has had an officer or Trooper assigned to them to help and some family information is being held in confidence to protect their privacy. Kids…6 & 7 years old…just pathetic.

Charlotte Bacon 2/22/06
                                Daniel Barden 9/25/05
                                …Rachel Davino 7/17/83 -Adult
                                Olivia Engel 7/18/06
                                Josephine Gay 12/11/05
                                Ana Marquez-Greene 4/4/06
                                Dylan Hockley 3/8/06
                                …Dawn Hocksprung 6/28/65 -Adult
                                Madeleine Hsu 7/10/06
                                Catherine Hubbard 6/8/06
                                Chase Kowalski 10/31/05
                                Jessie Lewis 6/30/06
                                James Mattioli 3/22/06
                                Grace McDonnell 11/04/05
                                …Anne Marie Murphy 7/25/60 -Adult
                                Emilie Parker 5/12/06
                                Jack Pinto 5/6/06
                                Noah Pozner 11/20/06
                                Caroline Previdi 9/7/06
                                Jessico Rekos 5/10/06
                                Avielle Richman 10/17/06
                                …Lauren Russeau 6/0/82 -Adult
                                …Mary Sherlach 2/11/56 -Adult
                                …Victoria Soto 11/04/85 -Adult
                                Benjamin Wheeler 9/12/06
                                Allison Wyatt 7/3/06

“Everyone put your hands on the person in front of you, close your eyes,and follow me”…bless the teachers & Law officers

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

President Barack Obama will appear at an interfaith vigil Sunday at 7 p.m. in Newtown, the White House announced Saturday evening.

The event is closed to the public and open only to victims’ families. Obama will not make any public appearances in Newtown, the White House said.

Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, released this statement: “Tomorrow evening the president will travel to Newtown … to meet with the families of those who were lost and thank first responders. The president will also speak at an interfaith vigil for families of the victims as well as families from Sandy Hook Elementary scheduled for 7 p.m. EST. More details will be released as they are available.”

don-kauer

My home is 30 minutes from where this happened….I’ve not yet been able to process this…I don’t get it……My deepest sympathy and prayers to the innocent victims and the families of all involved from this senseless and demonic act..There are no words to describe this..God bless all ……….. 😥 🙁 ..Don Kauer..

masracingtd1167
                                        Participant

I think it’s time for all of the good people in this world to take over and go back to some old fashion values!

dino
                                            Keymaster

twas’ 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
                                                when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven’s gate.
                                                their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
                                                they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
                                                they were filled with such joy, they didn’t know what to say.
                                                they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
                                                “where are we?” asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
                                                “this is heaven.” declared a small boy. “we’re spending Christmas at God’s house.”
                                                when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
                                                but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
                                                He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
                                                then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
                                                and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
                                                those children all flew into the arms of their King
                                                and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
                                                one small girl turned and looked at Jesus’ face.
                                                and as if He could read all the questions she had
                                                He gently whispered to her, “I’ll take care of mom and dad.”
                                                then He looked down on earth, the world far below
                                                He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
                                                then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
                                                “Let My power and presence re-enter this land!”
                                                “may this country be delivered from the hands of fools”
                                                “I’m taking back my nation. I’m taking back my schools!”
                                                then He and the children stood up without a sound.
                                                “come now my children, let me show you around.”
                                                excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
                                                all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
                                                and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
                                                “in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT.”

don-kauer

Dino, That was awesome 🙂 ….I did a cut and paste and sent it out to my Email contacts…..I went to a 1 hour prayer candlelight vigil at the green in New Milford tonight in the rain and it was mobbed. 😥 ..Too bad this demon could not have been taken alive and all the affected families could have a piece of his ASS, limb by limb……..I still cannot process all of this 😕 ………..Don….

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Don …found on Facebook …Had To Share It…My son printed it out…took to his early College -High School …they recited it at a memorial ceremony at the College’s American Flagpole.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.