SEPT 11……2001

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION SEPT 11……2001

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

In another thread …we’ve seen how some of our guys went to Viet Nam. It’s been 7 years since we got attacked. AND if you like him or not ,Mr.Bush, has done his job. No new attacks. 3000 lost at Trade Center.We still have many troops deployed, many haven’t come back and all those families are still without thier lost one’s. Think about it Today.

maso
        Participant

On that day…

I was on the Internet playing online NHRA MAIN EVENT. I used to drag race on line with the name: “Mean Mojo”. I was good. That web site had an entry chat room that was always a lot of fun. I logged on knowing nothing… but I saw and was reading all this “End of The World” sounding dialog. I said WTF…!? They told me to go turn on my television… I did… I said Holy Sheee…IT…!!! Naturally, like anyone I was absolutely austounded.

I have a cousin in Yonkers who had an office in the WTC. He is a commodaty trader. I waited until about 1:00 PM and called by telephone. He was okay. He got turned around on the subway system that my grandfather and great grandfather helped build as ditch diggers in the 1890’s. We talked for about 3/4 of an hour… What a conversation THAT was…

After that, I went down to the local sports bar in Miami where I hang out and sat there with my buddie Lars Matson who is a retired HVAC union guy who is also a New Yorker. Lars worked on the construction of the WTC in the 1970’s and then later on the pipeline instalation at Prudhoe Bay on the north slope of Alaska. The bar room TV sets showed the devestation over and over again… a hundred times over. And you know what…?! We never got tired of looking at that spectacle. The magnatude of that event was so overwhelming that seeing it for the one thousanth time is just like seeing it for the first time.

And… as long as I live, I will never be able to dismiss or explain the gut sensations I have of the images of those people who chose to jump out of the building rather that face the inferno inside.

God Bless America…!
            Let the guilty pay…
            We won’t go away…
            Osama… yo’ Momma…!

dino
            Keymaster

NOW A YEAR HAS GONE BY SINCE THIS POST WAS LAST PUT UP …..REMEMBER TODAY …Its Sept. 11 AGAIN

storm-king

I was still at Boeing, building 737 vertical and horizontal stabilizers. One of the inspectors came over to me and said an airplane had hit the world trade center. I thought it would have been some fool in a light single on a training flight or something, then someone said, no, it was a jet. Still, I thought, a botched ILS approach by some light coprorate jet. Then someone came up with a TV set. I couldn’t beleive it. There was never a question in my mind who did this, never. Even with my past service time I was too old to reinlist, but that was on my mind as well as many others at the plant.Every person must deal with grief in their own way. I’ve lost both a wife and a child, but I don’t know how those poeple who had families at the WTC feel. I just know that we are not doing nearly enough to erradicate that vermin from the face of the planet.Our President has named this a “Day of Service”. What a loser. this is a day to honor and remember those innocent people and their families, and to never forget who the enemy is.

storm-king-2

The week before 9/11 I was delivering a load of store fixtures to NYC. My co-driver, from Okla., had never been to NY before. As we approached the city in our tractor trailer, I pointed out the World Trade Center, & the Staue of Liberty to him. He was just amazed at the sight of the city. The following week I had a delivery in Richmond, Va. I was running solo on this trip. About 2am I went thru Washington DC on the inner loop. The next morning I was at the customers dock, laying in the sleeper with the radio on, while they were unloading the trailer. The news came over the radio, about 2 minutes before my son called to tell me about it. Everyone at the customers was ready to enlist. On the way out of Richmond, heading West, I saw a van on the East bound shoulder, with about 5 or 6 men in long robes, & towels around thier heads, dancing around the van waving thier hands in the air. Commercial drivers aren’t allowed to carry firearms, so they are probably alive somewhere today. If the religion of peace won’t confront & eliminate this polution of mankind, then I have no qualms about collateral damage.
                        Bill

dino
                        Keymaster

I was Driving to My shop here in Rockingham ,and heard it on the Radio….Wasn’t much info….just happened. Then My wife called and filled me in. I knew it was no accident. WE had been warned ….but nobody listened. Now teenagers don’t have a clue…When will the Schools Teach American Patriotism ? My kids schools (They go to two differant ones)- one did nothing ,the other had a “moment of silence” for my 11 year old . He was too young to know and they didn’t explain anything.

gene-terenzio-sr
                            Participant
                                quote storm king 2:

The week before 9/11 I was delivering a load of store fixtures to NYC. My co-driver, from Okla., had never been to NY before. As we approached the city in our tractor trailer, I pointed out the World Trade Center, & the Staue of Liberty to him. He was just amazed at the sight of the city. The following week I had a delivery in Richmond, Va. I was running solo on this trip. About 2am I went thru Washington DC on the inner loop. The next morning I was at the customers dock, laying in the sleeper with the radio on, while they were unloading the trailer. The news came over the radio, about 2 minutes before my son called to tell me about it. Everyone at the customers was ready to enlist. On the way out of Richmond, heading West, I saw a van on the East bound shoulder, with about 5 or 6 men in long robes, & towels around thier heads, dancing around the van waving thier hands in the air. Commercial drivers aren’t allowed to carry firearms, so they are probably alive somewhere today. If the religion of peace won’t confront & eliminate this polution of mankind, then I have no qualms about collateral damage.
                                Bill

Storm King/Bill, them guys with the robes, did you ever wonder how they knew that there kind did the deed? none of us knew who it was, the revolution is close at hand.

storm-king-2

Gene,
                                    I don’t know if they knew or cared who did it, just that someone had attacked us on our soil.
                                    Back in Okla. a beverage delivery truck driver stopped to deliver at a store run by arabs,muslims anyway. They were watching the WTC burn, & cheering. The driver called in to his boss, & was told to pull all thier stock out of the store. While he was at it, the snack delivery truck showed up. The 1st driver told the snack truck driver what was going on. Same senario, the word spread, by that afternoon all the vendors for that store had pulled all thier stock.
                                    This terrible event united our country for a time, but it didn’t last. The liberal media continued to divide the country with thier lies. Now look at what we have. Government control of the auto industry, forced government health care a few votes away, czars appointed by the president without congressional oversight. The terrorist don’t need to do anything to us now, we’re being taken apart from within.
                                    Bill

dino
                                    Keymaster

Made my kids watch Two hours of documentary on TV last night showing the 911 attacks. Youngest didn’t like it -“scary” and oldest asked a lot of good questions. Now they know.

dino
                                        Keymaster

LETS NOT FORGET

dino
                                            Keymaster

Nobody said anything …so I will…we forget too quick I guess…But the big Guy upstairs Didn’t …Check this out …happened on eve of 911 anniversary.

http://abc7ny.com/weather/stunning-rainbow-begins-at-world-trade-center-day-before-9-11/977419/

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Coincidence you say ?
                                                    A devastating crane crash comes on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America and less than two weeks ahead of the annual Hajj pilgrimage, when millions of Muslims will converge on the “holy city” of Mecca Sept. 21-26. Many thousands of the pilgrims are already in the “holy” city, which is closed off to non-Muslims. One of the five pillars of Islam is that all Muslims who are able must make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in their life.
                                                    A massive crane collapsed and killed at least 107 people at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, as the heavy equipment came crashing down on Friday worshipers.
                                                    The number of injured has risen to 238, according to Saudi authorities.
                                                    “Extreme weather” is the likely cause of the collapse, authorities said, with heavy rain, lightning strikes and high winds hitting the Muslim holy city on Friday about 6:30 p.m. Saudi time, just before the start of Friday prayers.
                                                    Pictures on Twitter show a gigantic crater in the middle of the mosque’s stone floor, with bodies scattered about and covered by debris.
                                                    The giant Binladin Group was heading up the nearly two-year construction project to enlarge the mosque by 4.3 million square feet, enough space to accommodate 2.2 million Muslim worshipers inside the mosque at one time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.