Short Drags

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Short Drags

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cyv

Hey, finally able to get back on the site!

Awhile back I posted about the 100′ drag races down at Waterford Speedbowl, CT. every Friday night. Well, I’ve been racing there about 6 weeks now and I gotta tell you, it’s a lot of fun. It’s short, but it’s competetive. You get a lot of runs in before elim’s, and it’s a great place to improve reaction times. There’s a car cruise/ show also. It’s 20 bucks to race (trophy), 5 bucks for spectators to enter the pits, and it’s free to watch the races/ car show. It’s a fun way to spend Friday night. Gates open at 5pm, test and tune 530 or so, elim’s around 8. It’s all over by 930 pm.
        Just FYI.

dino
        Keymaster

HMMMMMMmmmmmmm…..How ’bout they get Invaded one Friday with about TEN Dover Guys…Show the Kids how it’s done! Guys? ….sounds like a perfect place to “Shake Down” the Super Pumpkin VII ! and the MG Pat !

don-kauer
                quote CyV:

Hey, finally able to get back on the site!

Awhile back I posted about the 100′ drag races down at Waterford Speedbowl, CT. every Friday night. Well, I’ve been racing there about 6 weeks now and I gotta tell you, it’s a lot of fun. It’s short, but it’s competetive. You get a lot of runs in before elim’s, and it’s a great place to improve reaction times. There’s a car cruise/ show also. It’s 20 bucks to race (trophy), 5 bucks for spectators to enter the pits, and it’s free to watch the races/ car show. It’s a fun way to spend Friday night. Gates open at 5pm, test and tune 530 or so, elim’s around 8. It’s all over by 930 pm.
                Just FYI.

Cy…………How is it set up…..Christmas tree? Classes? Etc…….

cyv

Don,

There’s a street class, Comp Elim class and a motorcycle class. There was supposed to be a Jr Dragster class, but no one showed. Too bad because it’s a great place for the kids to practice. There is a Porta Tree system and you get a time slip. They use the front stretch for the drags. The apron on either side of the track for burnouts. It’s fun and competitive and a great place to hone reaction time. If you win, you get a trophy. Concession stands are open and there’s a car show in the lot.

Cy

don-kauer

Thanks Cy…………….Sounds great……….Is it all “heads up” or on dial in?

cyv

Dial-in. Everybody has a fair shot.

randy-fish
                                quote CyV:

Hey, finally able to get back on the site! Awhile back I posted about the 100′ drag races down at Waterford Speedbowl, CT. every Friday night. Well, I’ve been racing there about 6 weeks now and I gotta tell you, it’s a lot of fun.

Hey Cy . . . How ’bout an update on the Short Drags? I heard about it from some of my other CT cronies, but you’ve given more info than they have (!). Are they attracting many cars? Will it live? Sounds like a pretty cool deal. Cheers . . . Randy

dino
                                Keymaster

Cy …fill us in with Latest! Gotta get Don & Shimer to show with the soon to be ‘motorized’ Super Pumpkin VII ! Maybe Brian can bring his GTO

cyv

Hey Cy . . . How ’bout an update on the Short Drags? I heard about it from some of my other CT cronies, but you’ve given more info than they have (!). Are they attracting many cars? Will it live? Sounds like a pretty cool deal. Cheers . . . Randy[/quote]

Hey Randy,

I don’t get on computer much anymore. The 100′ drags is starting to take off. I’m there every week. 8 wins so far! There’s everything from street cars to an 8 sec (1/4 mi) Corvette. There’s a lot of guys that show up faithfully every week, and some guys who just show up once in awhile or even once. The crowd is getting bigger every week as is the accompanying car show. It’s free to spectators and car show. 20 bucks to race. It is an absolute blast! There’s still guys who think it’s ridiculous and I tell them to show up and race and you’ll change your mind. There’s a different shootout every week in addition to regular racing. A couple weeks ago I was up against a steel willys coupe in the finals. 2 Willys on the line. How cool was that?!
                                        Like I said before, it’s competetive, fun, cheap and a great place to practice reaction times. They’re even booking some out of state dates at different tracks who are looking to promote this.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Heres an update…CY featured at dragzine website!

http://www.dragzine.com/news/100-feet-style-northeast-drag-racing-comes-to-long-island/

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

…… 100′ drags …….. sort of strange ……but sounds like fun 😀 hhhmmmmmm my driveway is 104′ ❓ ❓

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.