Shottgun Express Photos

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY Shottgun Express Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    gabbyp

Found a couple of Richie Schott from May, June 1968 time frame.

dino
        Keymaster

Thanks man really like these ! see a little copyright thing in the corner ….that you or?

gabbyp

Yes that’s me. I read an article in Shutterbug Photo magazine that said if you publish on the web you should do this to protect you photos. One time I did a Goggle search on the Shottgun Express and found that some guy published a personal blog about his watching Richie doing an exibition run at Lime Rock Park for his sponsor Prestone. He had copied my picture from the HAMB website. It was mine because of the © symbol in the photo. Was going to get back to him but I never was able to find it again on Google. Don’t know if Google removed it due to the copyright which was not his. I also have photos that my brother took in the early 1970’s that I am assembling to post. If it is your policy not to copyright I can rescan and post without it.

dino
                Keymaster

Gabby…we’re pretty loose here…Thats why the multi-media section has the security of having to register…just so we can track if ness. Mostbread the policys and understand…If I catch any Blatent misuse…Like someone selling our guy’s stuff…we fix ’em .We post for fun and memories …most on forum a little older -wiser .Still looking for Twin Motor Express …not much ever taken ??? Were hounding Richie to search his garage .

gabbyp

Found a photo of the Twin Express at Englishtown NJ at a Sommernationals. Richie was having problems and if I remember he didn’t do to well.

dino
                        Keymaster

THAT’S the ONLY SHOT anybody seems to have..we know who took it too.but nothing else AND nothing of his crash .

See this: click on it —-> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156&p=404#p404

gabbyp

These photos were taken about 1972-73 by my brother after his return from VietNam. Note the change in the dragster from my earlier photos from 1968.

dino
                                Keymaster

Second car…. the “new ” full bodied Woody …retiring the first …which became the “Mindbender” of Bob ‘Tiny” eglit (See ’69 NYC Show Photos )

gabbyp

These are the 3 photos I wanted to post but originally my file size was to large.

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Last shot of him comimg back…just can’t place that part of the track ? that is Dover Right?

gabbyp

The photos were all taken by my brother at Dover. Don’t know where he was but he always moved around alot trying to get the best shots.

gaspumpchas
                                                Participant

I understand there’s a piece of the car in Richie’s garage….worked with him when he was service mgr at Pleasant Valley Ford, still lives close I understand!!!

gaspumpchas :mrgreen:

” Rock and roll has been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly Died…..”

” The man had me, Toad……”

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Brian told me the same thing.He’s got to get down there to see Richie Anyway and confirm-take photo .

dover1320

I was at Richy’s and got some rare pic’s also twin engine car.I’m sending it all to Dino

vbob
                                                            Participant

Hey

Brian,any parts of the cars laying around???

‘V’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.