Small World Al Hofmann’s Funny car

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Small World Al Hofmann’s Funny car

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

This will take More than “one ” Dino Photo pick …so here goes…In conversation With George Reidnauer ( Excalibur Funny coming to our event) he sends me shots of Al Hofmann’s last “China Syndrome” Funny car that HE OWNS. Even has A&W Texaco (danbury) on it. I lettered the First China Syndrome ,while Al was still living in Danbury.Al went on to field a number of cars.Most notably the Western Auto car that he beat John Force with. Son Wayne runs our Dover Drags occasionally..one time getting Top Speed of the meet. Remember that Al Started at Dover ,with His “Rat Poison” 57 chevy…then the “Hang em High” 55 chevy( That I lettered & painted)…Had a Hangmans tree- noose with ‘Tommy I. ” -(Iorizzo) , on the trunk.,while double duty driving Neil’s “Sundays Child” Camaro. Notice the Ct. Plate on the back of Georges Car…Thats Al’s NHRA F/C/ number…..small world -Huh?

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Al’s Car at Georges House

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

The First China Syndrome I lettered

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Als early Dover Cars…

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

The ‘Lizard” is Coming…

Attachments:

bobby-s

Here is Al’s jacket in Calf at Randy’s Drag Racing Museum, he personally owns all the stuff there. He is working on a web site, I went there last July while in CA for Dode Martins 90th birthday party. (Dode & the late Jim Nelson build DRAGMASTERS)
                            Also here I am holding Sheryl Muldownly’s championship Wally. Randy has over 100 of these there.
                            Was a great 3 hrs. there.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Talked to George again yesterday…asked him “whats your connection to Al”?…said when he was younger Al was his hero….what got him started in racing.Went all the way to Florida to buy the car from Al…Its the original with the newer paint job on it…lot of work & money to completely restore and paint it . I’m trying to get him to bring it to the race.Trucks -trailers-crew issue, bringing two cars..But …he’s thinking it over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.