STAMFORD AREA SPEED SHOPS PAST AND PRESENT

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past STAMFORD AREA SPEED SHOPS PAST AND PRESENT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fastlane

WHAT A LIST HERE. I KNOW SOME OF THE OLDER STAMFORD GUYS WILL JUMP IN AND HELP ME HERE. BUT THESE ARE THE ONES I REMEMBER AND THAT WE SPENT OUR HARD EARNED LITTLE BIT O MONEY WE MADE BACK IN THE DAY IN THE GREAT PLACES LIKE BEING IN THE CANDY STORE. NOTHING BUT OOOS AND AAHS EVERY TIME WE USED TO VISIT AND SEE ALL THE NEW STUFF STARTING WITH THE MOST FAMOUS AND STILL TOP DOG IN THE SPEED INDUSTRY THE ONE AND ONLY
        # 1 DICK MOROSOS PLACES IN STAMFORD THEN GREENWICH CT. NOW IN BRANFORD CT.
        # 2 DIGGER DAVES SPEED SPECIALTIES SHOP ON COVE RD.
        # 3 GRADY AND GOMMIS PLACE WEST MAIN ST
        # 4 TERENZIOS BROS GARAGE ON MYRTLE AVE.
        # 5 NELSONS AUTOMOTIVE WEST MAIN ST. NOW ON DAVENPORT ST.
        # 6 LONDONS GARAGE WEST MAIN ST.
        # 7 STALLION SPEED SHOP GLENBROOK RD.
        # 8 LOVALLOS SHELL GAS STATION ON SUMMER ST.
        # 9 M & B MACHINE SHOP WAS ON CANAL NOW ON ELM ST
        # 10 J & M PERFORMANCE TAFT AVE
        # 11 BEE LINE AUTOMOTIVE WEST AVE
        # 12 MIKES CLASSIC MUSCLE CARS WEST AVE
        # 13 CLASSIC MUSCLE AND AUTOMOTIVE GLENBROOK ROAD TOM TELESCOS PLACE
        # 14 PERFORMANCE OUTFITTERS GROUP CRESCENT ST.
        # 15 AUTO MACHINING SERVICES. JOE SAMELAS OLD SHOP R.I.P. JOE
        # 16 FAIRBANKS RACING AUTOMATICS WAS ON ELM ST . NOW IN NEWARK DELAWARE
        # 17 FREDDIE LINK RACE MACHINE SHOP AT BRUCE’S AUTO PARTS CAMP AVE

dino
        Keymaster

This is Quite a list Chris put together and really jogs the memory..NOW=Stanford guys …Fill in the blanks..

spidergearsman

I was a customer at Stallion Speed Shop from 1990-1994 …..nice people !

don-kauer

Just saw a familiar name…….Fred Link…I see him once in awhile…Has a shop in Bethel, Ct……..Real good guy… 🙂 And of course I spent many hours with Dick and Hank at Performance….. 🙂 My family had a home on Round Hill Rd. at the Greenwich / Armonk border so I was on the area alot…….

340swinger
                    Participant

My old boss, Malcolm Pray, lived on Round Hill Rd. Probably still does.

don-kauer

I knew Malcolm Pray very well….He lived about 2 miles from me and my mom was very good friends with him…I too had a small stint with the Pray dealerships in the 80’s……….Don..

340swinger
                            Participant

Don, we have a lot in common. I was an Audi mechanic at Pray from 73 to 79. I then moved to the left coast and worked for Vasek Polak. I have had an Audi repair shop in Hermosa Beach Ca.for 30 years, Precision Motorsport inc. check it out on Yelp. My brother in law, Bob Jorgensen, Was a friend of Bobby Ingles back in the Sunoco days, ” Special Formula”. Maybe you knew him, he had a blue/green 68 roadrunner. We used to be able to hear Bobby I. ” testing ” on Saturday nights from my driveway in Valhalla. The sound would really carry across the Kensico Reservoir. That started it for me, as I can’t stop, I still bracket race a 70 Challenger out here at Bakersfield as often as I can. By the way, Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your service to our Country. I was at the recruiters office Thursday night signing for my son who enlisted in the United States Marine Corps.delayed entry program. Semper Fi. I look forward to meeting you some day. Bob Hoffman.

patina
                                Participant

Bob tell your son that these ODF vets are proud of him stepping up. And we wish him Gods speed.

Pat

don-kauer

Hey Bob…So nice to wake up to good news and your post.. 🙂 …I remember Bob and the green Road runner…I think he was from the Thornwood area…..I was working with Bob Ingles in the late 60’s for a few years…I’ve been doing VW and Audi work for many years including a couple with Pray VW….I had a shop in White Plains and Mt. Kisco for years and a small towing business but gave it up and moved to Ct..Went to work for Audi in 1999 and I’m still at it….69 years old and I don’t see myself stopping……Give me a shout sometime, I’d love to talk to you….Cell# 203 947 0154…I too am very proud of you son…God Bless….. 🙂 ……..Don Kauer

dino
                                        Keymaster

Terenzio for sure…but I know there’s More…Anyone got Photos?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.