Starting to get the bug

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Starting to get the bug

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lee-valentine

fter doing this stuff non stop since 1963 I still get excited for the start of a new season. I guess Dover started a sickness there is no cure for. Did 3 new engines 2 for my car and 1 for my son’s car. Can’t wait to get started. Going to make this my bucket list year and run races and places I’ve allways wanted to do. Hope everyone has a great year.

john-sachs-sr
        Participant
            quote Lee Valentine:

fter doing this stuff non stop since 1963 I still get excited for the start of a new season. I guess Dover started a sickness there is no cure for. Did 3 new engines 2 for my car and 1 for my son’s car. Can’t wait to get started. Going to make this my bucket list year and run races and places I’ve allways wanted to do. Hope everyone has a great year.

I have that bug year round. Even closing in on old age, ain’t never lost it.
            John

Attachments:

tomblake
            Participant

Lee……Got the same sickness because on Dover. Still remember getting up early Sunday mornings, hooking up the tow bar and going to Dover, hoping to do good at the track. Now here it is more than 50 years later and thinking the next (7th) race is this summer at the Valley. Where did the time go?

john-sachs-sr
                Participant

For all the “snowbirds” who got the race bug , and can’t get out today, MOTOR MANIA TV is live on line from Bradenton with the 2015 Street Nats. 😉 I wonder where the “405” crew is ? 😕
                    John

ricky-white
                    Participant

The bug keeps biting. The wife gave me frame connectors for Christmas. OK I put those in and changed rear from 4:10 to 4:30. It’s only the end of January, now what that car is all back together and there is two n half months of cold weather till the Valley opens

kman
                        Participant

passed by the valley the other day… 😥 … come on august and the reunion !!!!!!!! …. 😀 …

dino
                            Keymaster

Bug ? …With all the phone calls for 3 monthes now I’ve made for Our Race…Sponsors,Guys bringing cars for “DRAG ALLEY”, talking to Wayne-Howie-Hotels -car clubs- printers- racers- facebook messaging-E-mails-Forums- ……never lost the Bug.

tomatohead
                                Participant

…. LEE , ….. 🙄 I have that “Dover Sickness” Too 😀 , Fairlane gets a solid roller cam this year 😀

mikey

Paint the damn bumpers!!!! :mrgreen:

babycakes
                                        Participant

THERE YA GO MIKEY!!!! GIVE HIM HELL!!! WAAAAAY OVERDUE TO GET THEM PAINTED ARGENT! 😳 😉 😀 Pete.

hvy70ss
                                            Participant

I hear ya Lee. I keep running the snowblower around the trailers thinking, “it won’t be long”. Problem is, I keep having to clear all that snow alot! A new practice tree and drag racing slot cars helps with the therapy.

Bobby Smith

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.