Still a General Lack of 1970s Photos

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY Still a General Lack of 1970s Photos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    realmongo
    Participant

I am really surprised about the lack of photos from the 1970s when compared to all the great film shot a decade earler in the 1960s.

I AGREE …See this Heading !…http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1650 Dino

dino
        Keymaster

Dig into your albums guys…Was gas so high in the seventies, you didn’t have money for film?

smokncobrajet
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Dig into your albums guys…Was gas so high in the seventies, you didn’t have money for film?

You just never know what lurks next door.My next door neighbor came over for xmas dinner.He brought a short video for us to watch.Before his wife passed away she had taken the old 8mm film they had and had it converted to a dvd.I was watching some oval racing,then……footage of the next door neighbor and his friend running at Dover in the 70’s!!!My neighbor comes with us sometimes when we race and a few times I’ve told him about this site and let him browse through the posts.He’s originally from Yonkers and remembers a couple of the clubs from down there,and recognizes a few names.He’s swore more than once he’d never own a computer,but I believe he’ll be getting one in the near future thanks to this site.
                And Dino,before you ask,yes,he has pictures from Dover,from the 70’s and I’ve already asked him to dig them out so I can make copies! I’m still hoping to see a pic or two of my car.I’d get so wrapped up and nervous when Rudy ran at Dover I’d forget about taking a pic or filming.
                J~~~

dino
                Keymaster

Cool …you never know ….Lil Gene Terenzio was just quoting a guys bathroom or something ,and the guy asks “Are you related to Gene that raced… Yeah ,He answers ,that’s my Dad..Oh, the guy says …here’s a bunch of Film I had converted to DVD …never raced ,but always took my movie Camera.” —Some of that great clear stuff can be seen in “Teaser II “

charlie-irving

Dino – I for one stopped drag racing and sold my car because I was getting real close to being drafted into the military. My parents did not have enough $$ to keep up the payments in my absence. I would not be surprised if there were a lot of us who took photos in the 60’s, we just not around anymore in the 70’s.

Charlie Irving

rodz927
                        Participant

Hi guys,,,There has to be photos from that time period somewhere??? I have never had the opportunity of racing at Dover I always kept my 69 z/28 under lock and key,lol.But many of my friends and relatives raced there in the early and mid seventies until it closed it`s gates.I wish I had a camera with me at times , there must have been people there at that point in time with cameras!

smokncobrajet

Cameras back then were pretty crummy.You can see that by the quality of the pictures.My 8mm film was shot with a second hand something or other that my sister-in-law donated to me.You’d put the 8mm film in,wind the crank,and the camera would record video until the crank ran out of …crank! It didn’t care if you were in the middle of anything.You had to recrank to get started up filming again.We have it good now 😛
                                J~~~

dino
                                Keymaster

Brian IS ALWAYS scouting out leads and lurking in peoples cellers and attics. He keeps on the assignment til he gets results. Steer anyone to Brian! He loves ‘The Chase”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.