STORM KING THIS ONES 4 U

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION STORM KING THIS ONES 4 U

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    vindicator
    Participant
        quote storm king:

Hey, Drake! Bill told me the other night you guys we in contact, I’m glad to hear it; he always speaks fondly of you. You were sure one of the good guys to us!
        Yes, I understand the big Ford valve covers, miss those old things too. We pretty much always got along with the Ford guys, win lose or break it was always a hand shake and we’ll get you next week sort of thing. Not so with other brands the way we saw it. Ed Prout; Ford altered, later junk yard dog pro stocker, Harvey Wilson, Billy Kolb, YOU, some of the best folks ever.
        So I’m putting together a ’66 stretched nose Dart, why don’t you put together a stretched nose ’66 ‘Stang and we’ll have at it? Old school, no juice, 500 cubes max, 2600#, 12 inch tires, all else fair game.

[YEAH ! Now were taking ! Drake ? he’s calling you out , edit-dino]

😀 😀 😀 HEY GARY…”TALKED” BACK AND FORTH WITH BILL THE OTHER NIGHT..SOME THINGS “NEVER” CHANGE!!!…YOU GUYS ARE STILL/ALWAYS… THE “BEST”…ACTUALLY, DO HAVE TWO FRESH,READY TO GO TOMMY GROVE… FORD FUEL MOTORS..AND GLENN LAZAR’S OLD “FUNNY FARMER” PINTO FC…WAS GOING TO “RE-CREATE” THE CARMEL FORD CAR…THINGS (LIFE) JUST “HAPPEN”…MY DAD DIED 5-6 YEARS AGO…AND I KINDA’ LOST MY “DRIVE”..ABOUT FINISHING THE “MESS”…IT JUST DOESN’T MEAN MUCH NOW…OUR TWINS ARE RACING TWO “MODERN” CARS…SO THAT KINDA’ “FILLS THE HOLE”…HARVEY(GOOD GUY) PASSED AWAY…OL’ ED PROUT…NOW THAT’S A GUY WITH A “STORY” OR TWO!!! THE “CLASSIC” PIECE OF WORK…BUT A VERY STRONG RACER BACK IN THE DAY…WITH SOME “SCARY” EQUIPMENT…FAR AS I KNOW BILLY KOLB IS A SUBARU DEALER IN ROCKLAND COUNTY,NY…THE FUTURE??? WHO KNOWS?? IF THE COUNTRY DOESN’T COLLAPSE (ECONOMICALLY)…AND WHEN I GET THE “COURAGE” TO LOOK @ MY SO CALLED “INVESTMENTS”…IF THERE’S ANYTHING “LEFT”…I GUESS WE CAN KEEP ON…KEEPIN’ ON !!!..”TALK”TO YOU SOON…STAY WELL…DRAKE 😀 😀 😀

dino
        Keymaster

C’mon you old fart…I’ll help ya in the paint Dept !

Get You ,Storm And the Willys together !!! mid way track logistacally.

storm-king

Might be “A little more fun than the law would allow” as they used to say in Hazzard County!

I know what you mean about your Dad though; Drake. Dad passed away in 2001 while my wife and I were in Bakersfield at the March meet, which was an almost lifelong dream of mine to attend. Even though he was not able to work with us and help with the cars his last few years, it was different without him just “being” there with us.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.