Sun.Dec.14: Coffee & Donut… REPORT What did U Do?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Sun.Dec.14: Coffee & Donut… REPORT What did U Do?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

First …On my third cup as we Recape the week….Guys in New England Could be silent for a while….Bad Ice Storm knocking out Power.Brian said he got hit but power back after 4 hours out. Some others not so lucky. PRI show in Florida wraps up today. Waiting for full report from Randy Fish & Storm King to come in (See Anyone going To PRI topiv-Video Links !). Big talk started on “Stormvill Concept” thread AND taking new Direction ! …watch it develop. The BIG Video project starting to gain Speed… FOUR Never before (Except at their homes) 8mm. reels just recieved From Bobby S. And Andy Kinish —-YES! …History uncovered. Plus MASO a giant contributer of Videos for R&D …got some already And More coming …Thanks Tom !….Video Bob has found ANOTHER VHS and its on the way …PLus Jmb442 & Brian Have a bunch coming…Need Storm King And Gene’s stuff !!!! AND we are putting together fantastic production , dealers and Distribution knowledge and outlets for the final Product. Along those lines …final decisions to be announced concerning new things to be developed and offered in the “store” from our market reseach and your input. As already stated…we’re going to offer some sort of Wood Distressed “Sign AND a Metal “Sign” …took awhile to put those ideas together …but tracked down the producers and distributors of similair things offered Now …AND our’s Will blow them Away!…also To be doing a Montage Poster AND I’ll let ya in on this one (NEW)….NEW T-SHIRT with collage of cars ,names and message of “DOVER DRAG STRIP ” the track of legends and memories …Depicting ‘The Little Giant”- Blown Hease” – Hellapoppin” -“Bad News”-“Shottgun Express”- Dick Moroso- Carmel Ford- “Storm King”- “Plain Busted”- “Little ole Whinemaker”- “Black Arrow”-Antone Addesso- “Let It Fly”-“Alley Oop”-“Smokey’s Henry J” AND more Names …like Signatures floating around the artwork……..iT’S GONA be cool !……………………..so Need another Cup ….and Always Ask ….what Did YOU DO?” Later ………. Dino

tomblake
        Participant

Dino….Sounds like we had a very exciting week when you put it all together in a summary like that. Looks like lots of interest in bringing back a Dover track, that would be great.

randy-fish

Well, I spent all day Sunday putting a rear end in . . . my favorite recliner! 😆

PRi was fairly well attended. Booth space was visibly down, Thursday seemed light on foot traffic, but then again, we spent most of the morning in registration. Our travel gal normally does all the credentials, but for some reason, she spaced it out this time. So, me and the Goose saunter into line, wait about 45 minutes, only to be told we were in the wrong line — after being told it was the proper line twice. Then, they put both our names on one application and guess what? Only my badge gets printed. We finally get Tom’s almost two hours after getting in line. If it were SEMA, we would have been done and gone in 20 minutes. Oh well. Friday seemed close to normal, and we were able to get more done. In our travels, we spent time with Bill Simpson, Bob Stange, Garlits, T.C. Lemons, Sonny Leonard, Pat Musi, Tony Christian, David Reher, Maskin, and more. Unfortunately, I never made it to see Storm King 😳 . McEwen likes bouncing all over the place and I couldn’t get him to listen to reason — even though I actually know how to work a trade show. Then he got lazy. Oh well.

PRI is a great candy store, in spite of the growing amount of guys losing their rides for next year. I plan to visit the Snake this week to work on my upcoming Funny Car evolution story. Then, on Thursday, my marketing buddy from Craftsman is coming into the office to show us what’s new on the tool front. I’ll check my PRI photos and try to post a few from the office tomorrow. Cheers, guys . . . :ugeek:

storm-king

T.C. was there too? I knew his sister from living in Oklahoma. She told me that I should say hello to him when I saw him because we were both going to Bakersfield for the March meet. T.C. was towing one of “Big’s” old fuelers there for display. So we get there, and I spy T.C. at the trailer and go “Excuse me, are you T.C. Lemmons?” and he says, “I’ve been called that before, didn’t care for it much”, turns around goes back in the trailer and closes the door!
                    A couple of years later I bumped into him at Bowling Green and we chatted quite a bit. I guess he and “Big Daddy” are alike in that you never quite know what you’re going to get when you talk to them!

storm-king

I guess I’m late on my report; but here goes. Recovering from a grreat PRI adventure this past week; glad to be home with my awsome wife. This was our first year exhibiting, we usually simply attend and it brings in enough work for the whole year. we’re hoping for big things from it. I didn’t notice a big lack of exhibitors like Randy did, but I didn’t get out to look as much as I normally do; probably only saw about 10% of the show. The generaI consenus from the other exhibitors I spoke with said attendance was down; but only with the sidewalk commandos, the folks that showed up were there to do business. I slept about four hours during the day Sunday trying to recover from the pace we ran all last week. Very sorry we missed Randy and the ‘Goose; but sure understand that happens. Next week we’re moving our entire operation to a new location, which we haven’t even finalized yet. We were leasing space from the city (133,000 sq. ft. for only one doolar a month) but a new serious tenant is moving in and we have to go. So we have a couple of prospects in mind just accross the street in the same industrial park. This coming week will be busy, complicated by very cold temperatures and the possiblity of icing. Global warming my ass.

randy-fish
                            quote storm king:

T.C. was there too? I knew his sister from living in Oklahoma. She told me that I should say hello to him when I saw him because we were both going to Bakersfield for the March meet. T.C. was towing one of “Big’s” old fuelers there for display. So we get there, and I spy T.C. at the trailer and go “Excuse me, are you T.C. Lemons?” and he says, “I’ve been called that before, didn’t care for it much”, turns around goes back in the trailer and closes the door!

With all the health problems T.C. has had over the last few years, he originally planned to be at PRI on Thursday only. However, he was having so much fun he asked his driver (and Landlord) if they could go back on Friday. Oh yeah, he’s definitely “Old School.” T.C. Lemons is as tough as nails and not much phases him. I interviewd him for the magazine this past March and that issue went over well. My cover blurb read: “T.C. Lemons Tells All.” It’s alwasys a hoot spending time with him. Sorry you didn’t get to catch his act at PRI.

storm-king

Yeah I read that article. I thought it was great. Reminded me of how we carried on when racing was fun all the time. Big Daddy looked terrific at PRI; I saw him some years ago at Indy and he didn’t look as healthy as he does today. I snuck over to the Mopar stage to watch them give him the race Pack Challenger; it wasn’t far from our booth.

billy-casey

Hi everyone… had a bit of a rewarding day on sunday… I played Santa at the yacht club I belong to , 125 screaming , yelling , pissing , vomitting kids … by the 20th kid I needed another shower . 5th year in a row I did this , MAYBE there might be a place in heaven for me 😆 The rewarding part was I couldn’t pay for a drink at the bar all day , so by 5 o’clock in the afternoon Santa was his jolly old self again HO HO HO 😈 😆

dino
                                    Keymaster

Billy …you’re the greatest….You can run the Dover Fest Day-Care …Keep V-Bob entertained … Did Santa need a designated driver to get the sleigh back in the garage ???

dino
                                        Keymaster

Storm-King …You only saw 10% of the PRI SHOW…How Big was this thing? Need to get a PRI Show directory of Distributors OR their Buyers Guide? …Got one?

dino
                                            Keymaster

Randy….I’ll have the guys Dig up their Snake Photos from Dover for your up coming Article …Hint-Hint…
                                                HEY GUYS …Lets see them Don “the Snake” stuff—–> POST AT Match Race Photo Search Heading !!!!!

billy-casey

Dino … I live just down the block so I didn’t have a problem … it’s the damn raindeer , I couldn’t get them out of the place … Rudoph , Dancer and Vixon drank to much and were pissin all over the place , Prancer got stuck in the airation system on the dock , Dasher got his antlers stuck in the grill of a brand new BMW , and rest of those SOBs decided to load the slaigh up with a bunch of kids and take them for a ride , they never returned so maybe they will not ask me to do this next year …HO HOH HO ,,OH OH 😆 Santa

storm-king

Dino,
                                                        PRI is 1350 exhibitors, 3900 booths, and 40,000 attendees from 50 countries. I can see the whole thing in three days normally; I was just busy at our booth and couldn’t brreak away very often.
                                                        I can send you an event map and some other stuff if you’d like.

bobby-s

Dino
                                                            here is another of the “Snake” for you

Attachments:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.