Sun.Dec.7 COFFEE & DONUT Report:what did U do?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Sun.Dec.7 COFFEE & DONUT Report:what did U do?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

OK ! on my 5th cup here …checking all the forum action….First -New ODF members AND Forum Members really added up this week and even in the last 36 hours ! The Magazine coverage IS getting a lot of response here ,….and I didn’t even Know about Drag Racing Action . WE really Have developed Into quite a group ,Quoting one guy that said “We’re Back Home again ” ….thats about the best way, that it could have said. If you read all the posts….I’m seeing the possability of a real ODF NOSTALGIA RACING TEAM …what with the current projects under construction AND…what I feel the Site has Sparked…. SERIOUS thoughts of “getting back into it”….Bulding Clones” …Finding old half restored cars and finishing them. ……. Just “Imagine “AND thats what we’re all about” …they way we did it back then is THE WAY WE COULD DO IT NOW …IMAGINE —-> Then Take the idea to Being Real …Concept to Reality ! This Is MY “Imagine” :

An Announcer —-(Me Of Course) at say Island or Lebanon says:

You’re in for a Real Treat Today fans! from out of the past …to put on a spectacular show of how it was at the Fast track -Dover- are THE original Cars And Stars Of those Famous Swingin Sixties ….when you built em yourself and Ran Heads Up !…in the pits getting ready to rock …IN the Original Carmel Ford A/FX Falcon “Mr 4-speed ” Drake Viscome …..Andy Panessa wheeling “The Plain Busted” Nitro AFX Dodge…Wacky Video BOB Bartkus in the Recreated Little Giant B/A, built with the combined efforts of the original owners and ODF members all over Ct. …..Paul Bayarinas in the awesome Dover Tribute AA/Gas Willys….. Storm-King Gary Smrtic driving the “Crusader” altered wheel base A/FX Dart…the recreated Bad News C/A…. Bob Swanson and the original restored Danbury Modifiers 1961 A/gas Dragster….Bob Krosky’s Original “Break-Away” firebird…..The AA/gas Bee-line Automotive Willys….and more …Howies here! …so are all the cars from Reunions past on display now in the pits !!!!!!
        Can’t happen ? if you thought like that …you never would have gotten out of the garage……………………….

CONSIDER …the combined talent and resorces on this forum never say never ….the old Header box says it all…”If you think you’re a loser you are…if you think you’re a winner …you will be”

think I’ll have another cup…What did U do this week. ?…I’ve been Thinking………And its Definate ! You’ll see me at Sam’s so bring all your relics and photo albums AND Cameras And Videos !

vindicator
        Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY DINO…MAYBE I JUST GOTTA’ CONTACT MIKE…AND FIND OUT…WHAT THE “REAL DEAL” IS…ON THE FALCON…THER’S A FEW (ACTUALLY…A LOT) OF GUYS..IF THEY WERE “INCLINED” THAT COULD RE-CREATE…SOME VERY AWESOME PERIOD CARS…ANY OF BOBBY LAREGINA’S CARS…”TINK” SHAEFER “BEWITCHED”…READILY COULD MAKE YET ANOTHER…ENGINEERING MASTERPIECE…RICHIE &GIL SHOTT…ANTONNE ADDESSO…JUST TO NAME A FEW… ALL THESE “CHAPS” WERE/ARE IN GOOD HEALTH…AS FAR AS I KNOW…LIKE A YEAR AGO…AND HOW ‘BOUT THE TERENZIOS’??…VICTOR,ANTHONY,GENE…THEY COULD WHIP UP A GREAT CAR…FASTER THAN YOU & I HAVE OUR MORNING BOWL OF CORN FLAKES!!!…OFF THE “TOP” OF MY HEAD…I READILY CAN THINK OF 30-40 OTHERS…WHO WE KNOW..AND I’VE SEEN @ DRAG RACES (THAT MEANS THEY’RE STILL INTERESTED…’EH)…IN THE LAST 5-6 YEARS.. 😀 😀 😀 …LIKE… U…SAID…IT CAN BE DONE…IF…U…WANT TO… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE p.s …KNOW THE BILLYS’ (CASEY-MASIELLO) COULD EASILY DO SOMETHIN’ TOO…BUT THEY’RE BOTH PRETTY INVOLVED IN CURRENT SERIOUS CARS…

dino
            Keymaster

Thanks Drake…..Guess there’ 🙂 s going to be a lot of guys …..jumped started ….maybe …..lets see the reaction

dino
                Keymaster

Plain Busted just signed a post ….In Snowy Carmel,N.Y !……..V-Bob -whats it doing in your nieghborhood….? Digger –up north -Snow ?

dino
                    Keymaster

Maybe This can Jump Start Somebody ….First installment From our Pal ,Mike Goyda . He checks all the new stuff submitted …looks for Dover Stuff…. Scans and Sends …Mighty Nice !(this will end up in “Dover Chronicals “)…From 1964 Eastern Drag News……….ahhhh…so good …..

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

heres more Drool

Attachments:

billy-casey

It snowed very light up here in Rhode Island , melted pretty quick , i’m very close to the ocean so at this time of year it dosn’t hang around long .. made eggs,potatos , hash , coffee and toast and just be a coach slug today .. probably go up the block to the yacht club later for a couple of slammers and watch football ,, Boy life has gotten boring 😛 😛 .. Billy

masracingtd1167
                                Participant

WEgot about 3inches snow last night .got called into work about 1 AM worked all night so today is a total loss don’t feel like moving.thought about drag racing a lot. potato’s and eggs sure sounds good Willie.

randy-fish

Just got home from Force’s Holiday Car Show. It grows in car count every year, as participants were parked in the surrounding lots of several other businesses, over years past. I’d have to say it was down a bit, crowd-wise, but all in all it was a great day. It started out overcast with a few scattered sprinkles around Orange County, but it didn’t affect the show the sun finally broke through by early afternoon, and it probably got to 70 degrees.

The line of autograph seekers extended all the way down the side and around the back of the building. It never seemed to end. Signers included Robert Hight, Mike Neff, Bernie Federly, Austin Coil, Laurie Force, sisters Brittany, Courtney, and Ashley Force, John, The Mongoo$e, and Chip Foose.

Two ladies brought glass quart milk bottles for John to sign and McEwen quipped, “Hey John, they want a sample from you. We’ve sold eveything else, we might as well sell our DNA.” Then Force got interviewed for a website and he told the gal, “Be sure to shop at Goose’s Prestige Hobbies. He’s got a lot of John Force stuff there.” McEwen said, “Yeah, we have lots of left-over Force stuff.”

Good show . . . good day . . . lots of toys donated for the California Highway Patrol’s CHiPS for Kids program. I’ll try to get some photos re-sized and post e’m from the office tomorrow for ‘ya.

tomblake
                                        Participant

Dino…Nice post on the track results. Just the other day I was wondering where I was on June 28, 1964. 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.