Sundance gasser

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Sundance gasser

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    l-cyr
    Participant

Hi Dino, thought I had done this before but guess I hadn’t. About 1yr.ago I repurchased a car I raced at Dover about 1975. Yes it is the old John Delelle ‘48 Prefect. It’s restoration is underway. John came to check it out about 2mo. Ago. He was thrilled to see it. The plan is to restore it as it was when I had it. Will keep you posted. Here’s a pic of it in ‘75 and one when it arrived back home

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by l-cyr.
        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        seabake
        Participant

I love these kind of reunions. Good stuff!

patina
            Participant

Looks good! Keep us posted with pictures.

Pat

dino
                Keymaster

whats the latest ?

l-cyr
                    Participant

Hi Dino, progress is slow due to knee surgery and job loss due to this COVID crap. I know, I should be retired but I do enjoy my job for the most part. The front end is completely done….rest chassis is primed. Working on rearend, etc… wouldn’t be this far if my buddy Brian Bennett wasn’t helping !

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by l-cyr.
                        Attachments:
                        l-cyr
                        Participant

On Columbus Day I had get together at my garage. It was an awesome day of bench racing, history of the car was discussed ,progress of the restoration noted and friendships renewed. In attendance were the original builders John Delelle,Jim Palmer and Joe Vasquez. Car painter Woody Fickett and my good buddy/crew chief Brian Bennett along with friends and contributors Doug Post,Art Schrameck and Gordon Hultz. Photos by, Margaret Schrameck

Attachments:
                            l-cyr
                            Participant

Once again life has gotten in the way but, better late than never. After much prodding and repeating the phrase by family and close friends of “tomorrow or next year is never guaranteed at our age”, I brought our gasser as a “work in progress “ to the Reunion . It’s a true Dover Original ! Got a good response and reconnected with some old friends. It was just unfortunate that the weather didn’t cooperate and the day was cut short. God willing we will be there next year and running. I’d like to give Special Thanks to my crew chief Brian Bennett for all his work on the car and Art Schramek for his help and towing us up. Also to Steve Wineburg for use of the trailer. Thank You All ! Not to forget all the other family and friends who have had a part in helping me to achieve my dream. Thank You

Attachments:
                              Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.