T-BUCKETS ! we had a bunch!

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST T-BUCKETS ! we had a bunch!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ah yes the T-Bucket….Henry’s car for the masses…the tin lizzie…UNTIL the Hot Rodders got ahold of them and stripped ’em down to bare essentials …less weight…big time motors and THE Koolest Race roadsters ever. Dover had more than it’s far share of these wild & hard to hold down funsters….hers a bunch from the Galleries…..

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

And heres some newer ones…..

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

This ran B/Street roadster…had to have all the street legal stuff.

Attachments:

hvy70ss
                Participant

That’s some great history there, Dino. Amazing to see how they transformed from cruiser on a Saturday night to 6 second 200mph wild bull!! 😀

Smitty

anonymous

The street roadster was mine and it was legaly registered for the street in Ct. It weighed in at 1800 lbs. I had to sell it when Uncle Sam had other plans for me.
                        I was never able to trace where it went.

dino
                        Keymaster

1964…..Check the valve covers

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Heres our old Buddy….”TIN-Lizzie” ready to rattle that tin work….1963

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

S&S Speed Shops T about 1962

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Heres a shot From Terry O’Shea…late 60’s…thats Terry’s ’57 in the background.

Attachments:

storm-king

In the picture of the Winged Express with the guy shootin’ the juice into the injector, that’s none other than Al “Mousey” Marcellus, Willie’s partner, and car builder/tuner. Mousey is one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet, and he still travels all the events with the Express today with Mike Boyd driving.
                                            The car is also car number 2 after the first Winged Express was wrecked beyond repair. It’s easy to tell by the funny car style chassis it is running when this picture was taken.
                                            The current car is faithful to the original…

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    My friend ,the late Al Millard!
                                                    RIP! July 2 1948 -Jan.3 2006 !

‘V’

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Hey “V”, What a priceless picture of our BUDDY, Al ❗ Every time I think
                                                        about the way he made us laugh, it cracks me up…We miss you big time ❗
                                                        RIP my friend…..I just thought I’d share this. One night we were all gathered
                                                        in our living room eating grinders, watching TV and Al had us all in stitches as
                                                        usual…We didn’t even realize that the back of the apartment was on fire until
                                                        the owner of the Chevy dealership across the street came crashing through the
                                                        front door. 😆

Frank….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.