tail plaque

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? tail plaque

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

While walking the swap meet at Lebanon Valley, saw this tail plaque
        anyone remember it, might be from neighbors north in canada 😮

above-something to think about after reading the sunday funnies 🙄

a friend still has his original car club jacket and tail plaque from the mid 60’s.
        hope to have pictures with in the next couple of weeks, He is not giving them up. The club was from Carmel – Kent, NY area. Usto hang off the back of his original ’68 camaro his dad bought NEW and still has. 😀

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Ask your friend to take photo..get on the forum and post in Car Club Roll Call…Club in Carmel??? Drake …any help here …maybe late 50’5-early 60’s …at laest they must have run at Dover ?

vindicator
            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY BOBBY…DINO…THERE WAS A “CAR CLUB” IN CARMEL/KENT IN THE EARLY-MID 60’S…”GEEZERVILLE” HAS STRUCK FOR THE MOMENT (GOTTA’ TAKE SOME GINKO-BA-LO-BA!!!)…BUT CARMINE RESTIVO…FORMALLY THE BARBER…SHOP WAS RIGHT NEXT TO CARMEL HIGH SCHOOL…PUT IT TOGETHER…HE WENT ON TO BE… I THINK… A CAPTAIN..IN THE PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPT FOR MANY YEARS..(RETIRED NOW)…BUT I DO REMEMBER.. PETE IMPROTA & HIS BROTHER TONY WERE MEMBERS…I THINK THEY WORKED FOR HIGHWAY DEPT. FOR MANY YEARS…SO CSI…START DIGGIN’ FOR THE “DNA”..!!!…NOTE ON SOME REAL GOOD RACERS THAT WERE @ DOVER…AND STILL DOIN’ IT…VITO SAVINO-SS CAR,ANDY KINASH-STK.CAR,JOE DEMARZO-STK-CAR,”TINY” EGLETT-NOSTALGIA FC,JOHN GUNN-SS CAR,PAUL GALVIN NOSTALGIA DUAL ENGINE DRAGSTER,BOBBY & RITA HERMAN SS-CAR,AND HEY…HOW ‘BOUT THEM VIGNOGNA “CHRYSLER BOYZ”…LOU,RAY,GEORGE,JERRY(I THINK THEY ALL ARE STILL RACING)…THEIR “NEXT” GENERATION (SONS’) JIMMIE…ADAM ARE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE BEEN @ DOVER…BUT THEY SURE LOOK TO CARRY ON THE “FAMILY NAME & RACING HERITAGE” AWFULLY WELL!!!…WELL FOR THE MOMENT…THAT’S ALL I KNOW…AND I DON’T KNOW NO MO’ 😆 😆 😆 DRAKE VISCOME…MIGHT WANT TO CHECK WITH BOBBY LAREGINA…HIS CHASSIS SHOP.. VALLEY CHASSIS IN POUGHKEEPSIE…IS CLOSE PROXIMINITY..TO A SIZABLE DOVER PARTICIPENT AREA…

dino
                Keymaster

By the way…This Drag-Queen Plaque looks Too new and is probably done as Joke “Drag-Queens” …as in “OWWW look at his big shifter”

bobby-s

Drake- working on pictures of that clubs jacket & tail plaque, waiting for my buddy to come back from Secracuse with his son-in-law who builds roundy-round chassis’s. I see Pete Improte about once a week at Bobs Auto Parts, his brother Tony passed on mid ’70’s, Pete is out from the town of Kent highway, he live in LaGrange happly married, and put’s out around in his garage doing minor body work stuff when he feels up to it. He painted my last street car my original ’64 Barracuda. Andy is usually at Bobs in the mornings that goes to his taxidermy shop and running The Wizard wagon. Joe D is running a killer B/SA BB nova. Vito S. has a fuel injected GT/DA,
                        Tiny is working on finishing his mustang F/C. Lou Vignogna has his shop off rte 9 V&V racing engines, his son Jimmy is running the S/S wagon. His brothers George & Ray & Jerry have cars out there also Ray’s son is driving. Hope to have some pictures from Atco of Paul Galvins twin 409 digger with his daughter Caroline driving. Dino if I make the Dutch I’ll try and light the flame again under their buts. 🙄
                        ’bout it for now.

billy-casey

Ill be at the Dutch with Billy Griffin @ Billy Massiello… hope we can get to meet .. we will be with the comp. cars .. Billy 😛

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY BOBBY…DINO..SHOULD’VE REMEMBERED PETE WAS DOIN’ SOME REAL NICE PAINT-BODY WORK FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS @ HIS HOUSE IN LAGRANGE…BUT HE MIGHT REMEMBER THE “ORIGINAL” CLUB/CARMINE ,ETC….PAUL GALVIN HAS ALL THE INFO ON THE “HOUSE OF SPEED” (DANBURY) GANG..AT LEAST ALL THE OLD “GANG”…HE’S A REAL GOOD GUY… A DANBURY “NATIVE”…AND INVOLVED IN THE DRAG RACE/STREET ROD…”SCENE” IN DANBURY…PRETTY MUCH “FOREVER”…GOING BACK TO THE DAYS OF THE “LARK” (DRIVE-IN)…AND PROBABLY BEFORE THAT…SOMEBODY OUGHTTA’ LOOK HIM UP…HE LIVES JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM JOE LAPINE WHO RUNS DANBURY COMPETITION ENGINES…I’LL BE UP @ JOE’S IN ACOUPLE WEEKS..BUT MAYBE SOMEBODY CAN MAKE CONTACT BEFORE-HAND…HE MIGHT HAVE A BUNCH OF PHOTOS…EARLY MOVIES,ETC….JUST THINKING ‘BOUT ‘OL ANDY (HE WASN’T TOO “SHABBY OF A BASEBALL PLAYER EITHER)..AND ALL THE VIGNOGNAS’…REALLY KINDA’ MAKES YOU SMILE…THEY ALL ARE TRULY “SPECIAL”…THEY ALL, LITERALLY WOULD GIVE YOU THE SHIRT OFF THEIR BACK…ALWAYS READY & WILLING TO HELP…AND REAL TOUGH “DUDES” TO BEAT ON THE RACETRACK!!! AND NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY HAVE A GOOD TIME….ALL THE TIME!!!…JUST MY “KIND OF GUYS”… 😆 😆 😆 DRAKE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.