Terenzio Bros. First A/A

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST Terenzio Bros. First A/A

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gene-terenzio-sr
    Participant

When we first came out with our A/A,it was a 48 Fiat Topalino, I was the designated driver, after about 3 or 4 runs My brother Vic was trying to give me pointers, Like put the gas to the floor and side step the clutch, I kept telling him the car just sits there and spins the tires, I need to slip the clutch, No he said you put it to the floor and side step the clutch, we argued for about 10 / 15 min. and finally I said why don’t you get in the car ,show me the way, So he gets in the car brings the r’s up and let’s it fly, he goes out about 50 feet to the bump in the left lane, ( We had a locked rear end in the car ) the car made a left turn when he hit the bump, and rolled up the embankment with him still on the gas to the floor sucking up rocks, totaled the car, he never argued with me again about slipping the clutch, And mind you that this was before anyone thought of a slipper clutch, we then bought a duel disk Shaffer clutch, and made a slipper clutch out of it, foot operated,so we were the first car in the country to have a slipper clutch, about 6 months later Richie Shott went to the U.S. Nationals, and came back with a story about one of the top gas or top fuel dragsters that the guy put his clutch disks in back wards and the metal spline part were touching and they didn’t notice, and they ran the car and it went like 1 or 2 tents quicker than it ever did, they didn’t know what they did till they took the car apart, and then every one had a slipper clutch. that ran a clutch,Blabber mouths, We went to the crower glide when it came out around 1 or 2 years later, and were the only ones to make it work in a BB/A, then Oddy got one too. Oh and of coarse Antone got one too. 🙂

anonymous

gene their are pics of vics crash somewhere on the net i have seen them

gene-terenzio-sr
            Participant

Dover csi can you get on it? sure it wasen’t when i crashed at MAPLE grove ?

dino
                Keymaster

Gene…Anthony just sent me a Disc with all your “scrapebook ‘ photos But no crash shots. Will organize and post soon.

maso
                    Participant

Here’s a new Avatar for the Terenzio Brothers, if they want it…

dino
                        Keymaster

Which one ?Anthony and Gene Sr are on here…so is Genes kid, Geno, but not Victor .

gene-terenzio-sr
                            Participant
                                quote Maso:

Thats cool , but site says it wont fit, it’s to big

anthony-r-terenzio
                                    quote Maso:

What is a Avatar???

dino
                                    Keymaster

Ant…that thing above your user name on posts…Casey has pumpkin…I have photo of Tower…Maso has “Back Yard Guys” Graphic. Problem Is…User has to do it when logged in at User Control Panel.He can send it to you or gene or ? and you “insert” it …See uasing the Forum…think theres a topic on it .

dino
                                        Keymaster

To keep on topic …Heres a bunch of Terenzio Stuff:

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=413

try this :

Attachments:

maso
                                            Participant

The one that Dino posted is smaller and will work. All three of you can use it if you wish… I think it looks good. Dino’s art work but I lettered colored it up a bit , “Let it Fly…!”

lil-gene
                                                    quote ANTHONY R. TERENZIO:

quote Maso:

What is a Avatar???

Uncle Ant,
                                                    *censored*
                                                    …..Lil Gene is a Bad Lil Boy….edit-dino

don-kauer

The Terenzios and LaRegina were my introduction to the Hell ride cars of the past..You guys were the first exibition cars and had everyones respect and attention when you ran……………I “chickened out” through the years and ran cars with doors and a roof…………………….By the way the Terenzio name came up at dinner last night and I couldn’t beleive it but all these years my cousin has dealings with your family. He builds homes in Greenwich…………Joe Tavolacci…..We also have distant relations to the Milo family….Our grandfathers were second cousins and came here from Italy together…….Small world……………………..Don ………………

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Lil Gene is in The Tile business…REAL ItRalian !…Anthony at City Carting picks up his mess and Vic is well…”in the Garage” …working on the Funny Car…..Gene sr…is hiding in a secure location ,somewhere in Pa. ,torturing people on the internet all day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.