THE BLACK ARROW ‘barn find" photo

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK THE BLACK ARROW ‘barn find" photo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

So I’m driving down Rt 22 from Lebanon Friday and made it a point to check out a number of key stops near the old track. Pull in to Yeno’s Auto Body In Dover Plains. The original Body shop still there and open. Walk into a time warp of an office, just the way it was since they opened in 1947. AND …On the wall is this old shot of the Black Arrow, right after Doc and crew chopped the wheel wells and made it an A/FX match racer. Still had the original name and Jenkins decal on it . Had To have it ! …they wouldn’t part with it, so we took it out the frame and I snapped a picture of a picture. Not Seen by most , unless ya live there. Priceless.

Attachments:

tomblake
        Participant

Just don’t know what you can find on the Dover history unless your looking. Good find Dino.

storm-king

Excellent!

dino
                Keymaster

Speaking of Local Wingdale “Lore’ ….I’m putting a want ad in the Poughkeepsie Journel that all the Wingdale people read…”WANTED – DOVER DRAG STRIP Photos & Memorabilia” …..see if we can smoke out some artifacts. Lisa,( Al’s Daughter) is the postmaster and there’s a cool deal to mail cheap to every Wingdale resident a Direct mail piece fairly inexpensive. If they don’t read the paper …they Do Get the Mail. Brian’s phone # will be listed- interesting to see who calls. He can blast right over to check it out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.