The CHARIOTS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    vasta
        quote dinotheweirdo:

OK guys lets check in with club facts, members and stories of clubs that frequented Dover as a group, Jackets, Club Car projects, photos, the works AND locate former club members. need info on PACERS, Watertown Customs, Outlaws, Road Knights,and………………………? ? ?

…The CHARIOTS, Bronx, New York
        Response to Bobby S. post of the photo with club member wearing CHARIOTS AUTO CLUB jacket. The club was located in the Bronx in the shadow of the Throgs Neck Bridge. I was a member of the club from about 1966 to 1973 and a huge Dover fan starting in 1962 when I was 13. I wish I knew who is wearing the jacket in the photo. Any Chariots out there?

pacers-auto-inc
        Participant

A friend of mine named Dennis Quitoni of Performance Services was a member of The Chariots. His website is http://www.plainvanillafuelaltered.typepad.com or http://www.performanceservices.typepad.com. He also is a member of N.E.T.O.

Scott Snizek
            Pacers Auto, Inc.

vasta

Thanks Scott for the Chariots email. Dennis is an old friend I have not seen in 30+ (!!) years. I will drop him an email.

dino
                Keymaster

If he runs the Plain Vanilla T-bucket…He ran our Drags at Island and is featured on our New Nostalgia Drags Poster.

bobby-s

that is he,,
                        Dennis with the Plain Vanilla altered,
                        talking to Dennis at the Jan NETO
                        meeting I sent Pat Creamer
                        Dennis’s contact info,
                        he got in touch with
                        Dennis they have not
                        talked to each other for about 25+ yrs.
                        Pat was also Chariot`s member.

pacers-auto-inc
                        Participant

I’m glad to have gotten you guys in touch with Dennis. Above is the photo that he showed me of he and the Chariots from 1962.
                            Below is Dennis at Bakerfield’s March Meet with the Pacers Tribute AA/FA. I am usually with him at the NETO meets.

See his websites: http://www.plainvanilla.vox.com and http://www.performanceservices.vox.com.

anthonyc

That picture is I believe Mr. Bobby Delsoles MG which he still owns today.

patina
                                Participant

I must have been asleep at the mouse, I never moved the picture over to see the car. If Anthony didn’t mention it I would have never looked. I’m amazed how many MG’s where out there with non MG motors in them. When I went to the races with mine the only other one I say was the US Mule.

Pat

dino
                                    Keymaster

Let me sort this out …Dennis runs the Plain Vanilla Altered with NETO and “Pacer” goes with him to Neto Meets -Right…He was at our Nostalgia Drags…were you? Also this Other MG…Bobby’s…He still has It but does he run it ?or show it ?AND did it run at Dover ?

tomblake
                                        Participant

patina……Here is another MG Dover car with a “non MG motor”. Haven’t seen any other pictures but this car was from Bridgeport CT.

Attachments:

anthonyc

Here it is today.

His son is signed up on here I wish he would jump in and could give you more info.

pacers-auto-inc
                                                Participant

“Let me sort this out …Dennis runs the Plain Vanilla Altered with NETO and “Pacer” goes with him to Neto Meets -Right…He was at our Nostalgia Drags…were you? Also this Other MG…Bobby’s…He still has It but does he run it ?or show it ?AND did it run at Dover ?”

Yes Dino, you are correct.
                                                    Dennis Quitoni runs the Plain Vanilla A/Altered and is a member of NETO. He also is formerly the driver of the KOOKS Custom Headers AA/FA. He lives down the street from us.

My father, George, is George Snizek, the original owner and original driver of The Snizek & Dodge Racing Team aka The Pacers’ Tasmanian Devil
                                                    and both Pacers Auto-CARS Magazine Racing Team AA/FD’s. He and myself have been to most of the meets with Dennis this past year, including the Nostalgia Drags.

Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about The Chariots other than what Dennis told me. I can definitely tell you that he was happy to hear about this forum and looks forward to being in touch with his old friends.

dino
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        quote anthonyc:

Here it is today.

His son is signed up on here I wish he would jump in and could give you more info.

….whats his user name? I’l rattle his cage ! …that car Should BE at the Nostalgia Drags For Sure!
                                                        While I’m Here ….Plain Vanilla website WORTH THE VISIT (back a few replies)And have contacted ‘ Pacers Auto’ (Lil George) for more info and ‘networking’.

anthonyc

His user name is Chariots or Bronx Chariots he only posted on here once. But hes on here.
                                                            ……………10-4 …I’ll contact:[dino]…..Done

dino
                                                            Keymaster

ANTNEY…His E-mail address is NO good.PM notices will be returned too..any way to contact him? He needs to fix that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.