THE GIRL THAT WASN’T ALLOWED TO RACE

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls THE GIRL THAT WASN’T ALLOWED TO RACE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just talked to new ODF member Kathy Vignogna…She’s Donated her entire Photo album of over 250 photos to the ODF Premium Photo Gallery. But ,as we bench raced she Told Me “the Officials” or owners wouldn’t allow her to Race back in the sixties ! Now I worked there ,and didn’t know that sort of thing went on. She said,”hey it was the 60’s”. She DID race at Island Dragway ,but was ‘Banned, as were all woman from racing at Dover……unless your name Was Shirley or Paula 😮

storm-king

My Mom raced our ’64 Dodge max wedge, the first “Storm King” at dover in ’64. she ran agaisnt Walt ballew’s ’63 max wdge three speed stick and whipped him pretty good, and then ran against Benny cardillo in his ’63 lightweight max wedge “Special Formula”: Benny whipped her pretty good!
            Grandma Rouff also raced her Jeep back then. I wonder what they had against Mrs. Vignogna?

storm-king-2

Also remember “the Dillons”, husband & wife,” 62″ 409, 4spd, wagon. Susie could really row a 4spd. As I recall she was quicker than her husband. Probably a lot lighter also.
                That would have been in late 63,& 64. It was light blue.

dino
                Keymaster

Kathy …fill us in here…Was it Chet & Joe -the owners ? or Joe T. -the manager…or Tech guys /event director?….Number of woman seem to have been allowed ,why pick on you ?

weaser

I remember my cousin racing there at Dover, she was Patsy Judson a female raced her car “Soupy Sales” was the car name . I lived next to Al Svar, the flagman,

dino
                        Keymaster

We know Pasty…Brian M. (dover1320) has been in Contact with her ..And she’ll probabbly show at Dover-Fest !

rcgarren
                            Participant

I remember them saying here is Grandma in lane 2 with her stock corvair, she did very well in that car from 63 to 65 ???.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.