The Hippie Hemi Found

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR The Hippie Hemi Found

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dover1320

Who remembers this funny car it was at Dover in aug 1970. Della Woods, Pop Whitt big east coast car pics then at Dover and now in parts pics coming soon. Brian M

dino
        Keymaster

Oddly enough …The “Hippie Hemi’ was run by Pop Whitt after he bought it from Bernella Racing with Della woods as driver. The car ran at Dover with Both owners ! …Brian getting shots of it as “Hippie Hemi” and can see it as the “Funny Honey (Della driver) in the Kathy V. Collection .

vindicator
            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Guys…a lil’ “extra” info for ya’…Oren “Pop” Whitt….was the owner of the “HIPPIE HEMI”…Randy Bray (Virginia) was the longtime driver…Randy worked for Ed Miller (former NHRA super/stock World Champion)…”Pop” passed away some years ago…a legendary “character” for sure…I hadda’ “tear up” his I-O-U’s…for the nitro…he owed me for 😆 😆 😆 but Roland Leong (YEAH…that Roland Leong…Hawaiian) still owes me $$$ (nitro) for match race he had @ Dover…which he showed up for…with no fuel!!!…Joe & Chet were in a “panic”…so we spotted him 20 gallons nitro…10 gallons alcohol…which they were to pay for…when they got paid…so whadda’ think???…never got paid???!!!*** (them from Joe & Chet…not hardly)…they slipped away from Dover at days end…saw them a number of times at other tracks…always a “story” and “promise”…did have some “boyz” (the “late” “Broadway Freddie DeName” & “group”…didn’t want to let “Vis-co-nee” get “cheated”) @ couple places…just for “dues”…that wanted to render some punishment…it’s only money…’eh…and they for sure…aren’t/weren’t the only ones…on the “list” 😆 😆 😆 Drake…p.s…maybe “coveting” finding the coca-cola can some of the so called “all-stars” lips touched…back in the “day”…”works”…for some…guess here (me)…not for all 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.