The Ides of March (Today)

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION The Ides of March (Today)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

When the Soothsayer warned Caesar “Beware The Ides of March” he was telling him that the half division of the month (March 15) was trouble………Caesar did not heed the warning and on March 15 44 BC he was fatally stabbed by Brutus…….I won’t bore you with more of this…………………………….Just a little trivia about todays date…Don…

gene-terenzio-sr
        Participant
            quote donkauer:

When the Soothsayer warned Caesar “Beware The Ides of March” he was telling him that the half division of the month (March 15) was trouble………Caesar did not heed the warning and on March 15 44 BC he was fatally stabbed by Brutus…….I won’t bore you with more of this…………………………….Just a little trivia about todays date…Don…

Just in case you were wondering what IDES means,like i was ====Ides. A day in the Roman calendar and seven days before it. It appears that the term applied to the day on which the Sun passed the points of the Equinoxes and the Tropics, and that the seven days constituted the orbs preceding the Sun’s crossing of the cusps of the four cardinal signs or angular houses. Shakespeare refers to the baleful influence of “The Ides of March” – evidently the last seven degrees of Pisces, or of the Twelfth House.

vbob
            Participant

HEY

IRON MAIDEN!!
                ‘V’
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeaVs6aMlSI

dino
                Keymaster

I remember Aquarias…”When the Moon is in the 7th house”

patina
                    Participant

So what did St. Patrick have to do with all of this. March 17.

Patrick

bobrizzi
                            quote donkauer:

WOW I AM IMPRESSED A HISTORY BUFF WHERE YOU THERE ? RIZ~~~

don-kauer

I’ll be nice………You know what I was going to say……… 😆 😆

bobrizzi

Donnie the O’Jays made a record after that guy got stabbed……. Riz~~~

bobrizzi

Mr. Kauer “Ides of March” they made a car record : I’M YOUR VEHICLE…. I am up 2 now its your turn Riz~~~

dino
                                        Keymaster

Hey Yos Guyz…we gotta get the mustang togetter
                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjRGSi6MLBg&feature=fvw
                                            ……………….and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=batEIaVPDUM&feature=related

don-kauer

I’m your vehicle baby, I’ll take you anywhere you want to go………..See I still remember some stuff……..Riz, You going Saturday? I’m meeting Casey at 7:30 to have breakfast and then to Big Als by 8:30….Let me know if you’re coming and I’ll give you directions………………Don………….

bobrizzi

Don I told Billy & Dino I got my son’s welcome home party this weekend. 9 months in B.S. AFGHANISTAN. A helicopter mechanic for the Marines .Imagine I got 3 Chevelles and I could not even get him to wash one for me…… YOU FIGURE Riz ~~

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.