THE MARASCO G T O s then and Now

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR THE MARASCO G T O s then and Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Brians current ride (And that just turned 11.40 at Lebanon,on 7 cylinders) is a match to his dad’s original Ride. . . Heres his Mom back then at the old homestead with Dad’s car AND Brian recently positioned HIS Pontiac in the same place, for a NOW shot….pretty cool huh. Whats that saying? …”the Nut doesn’t fall far from the tree” Oh…a 2nd cylinder went bad Too,but out being fixed now.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Brian reports the GTO suffered a blown driveshaft last Wed at the Valley …Major damage! floorboards wiped out -exhaust system dumped…shaft in 3 pieces.But 😯 still coasted threw the lights at 120 and beat the chevy.

babycakes
            Participant

That’s some ‘BAD’ news,sorry to hear about that Brian.It sounds like alot of ($$$$) damage to your G.T.O.I’m sure your already working on the repairs,and hopefully be back running in the near future;hang in there my friend!

dover1320

Hey, Dino post a pic of the Goat getting it at Island !!!!

dover1320

New driveshaft is in 1350 yokes bullet proof floors are next!

mikey

Brian, glad you’re getting the repairs under way. That must have really surprised the heck out of you. Did you ever determine exactly what started the “explosion”? ……………..Mikey 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

Mikey,I talked to Brian a few weeks ago at the ‘Valley’,the ‘weak’ link was the ‘stock’ driveshaft,the only thing that wasn’t replaced in the drivetrain.All in all,he had a positive attitude towards it all,and is very impressed with it’s surprising performance,and power! He’s motivated,and as the saying goes,”I’ll be back” !!!!

vbob
                                Participant

HEY
                                    Brian, you could line the floor with sand bags to protect yourself from those IED’s!!Might drop you down a couple of classes!!!

‘V’

dino
                                    Keymaster

Get a “Dover Dude ” deal on the floor panels at M&M …Rich beats the others on price

dover1320

Hey, i am still at it the exhaust is being done now and i was going to get the floors from Rich but i’ve been real busy plus i may get a set local from a guy that has new never used for a little trade !. Dino were is the pics from Island i need to see some smoke!! Brian.

maso
                                            Participant

Trivia…

Who can identify the car in the backgeound of Brian’s earlier picture…?

💡 ❓ 😀

tomblake
                                                Participant

Maso…..Which car in the background the Packard or the Chevy.

maso
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote TomBlake:

Maso…..Which car in the background the Packard or the Chevy.

Either way… you answered it. 😉

I thought that might have been a Hudson Terraplane but you called it out as a Packerd.

dover1320

keep guessing your both wrong ! That was my grandfathers

masracingtd1167
                                                            Participant

I think it’s a Plymouth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.