The Planning HAS BEGUN !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Plenty of new ‘lessons” learned after 5 Events….Wayne (the Manager) and I, had many discussions over the course of the weekend…..So… we have ‘tested’ some things each year , and come up with what works and what doesn’t .We will be “fine tuning’ things ,and implementing many racer suggestions.Got to sort out out a few things …but watch for updates. With 101 entries in Dover Vintage this year and almost the same last year..
        *.Look for the ‘Pre-73” cars to be split into two groups with the faster cars 11:99 and Quicker into the “new” DOVER MODIFIED Elim. Doesn’t cut out runs, But cuts down the rounds a ‘little’-not much -for each group.

Also …Going to “trim” the amount of things going on with Sat. Schedule,to get More Time Trials & grudge races in.Some things planned didn’t happen due to time constraints.Both days Time runs were an hour late beginning. We’ll work on Tech -In revamp over the winter to open the Lanes on time and get you through faster.Lots more adjustments….lets let the smoke clear…we have plenty of time. This topic is where I’ll post the Plans for next year.

oldcarguy

Ill be happy to do what I can agan Dino……we do need a couple 1/8th mile cars though….and more real gassers….deff more gassers…..and mabie jungle Pam Hardy to show up…..lol

oldcarguy

And let’s not forget a certin lithiuanian friend to show up so I’m not the only pair of suspenders there

mikey

Hey, old car guy. I wear suspenders too, but not all the time. I even have a pair on my fire-proof pants, although I don’t have to wear the pants most of the time. Only certain tracks make me use them. But, my work on the race car jeans get them all the time!! Hope I see you next year, I missed this year, health issues. ………….Mikey :mrgreen:

dino
                    Keymaster

Mikey….Get your Butt up here next year …Bill needs all the help he can get!

babycakes
                        Participant

I’ll second that Dino! Mikey,seriously (I know it was heartbreaking for ya), but buddy,you were surely missed “BIG TIME”,by all of us!!!! The ‘positive’ side Mikey, Dover ‘6’ with cranking those high 9 e.t.s with you Willys at the ‘Valley’ 2014 to look forward to!!! 😉 :mrgreen: . Pete.

mikey

I will do my best to be there, that’s the plan. I really missed all you guys a lot. The car was loaded, and ready to go, but I was not. Still thought I could make it, but a short hospital stay for tests put an end to the trip. Oh, I don’t care if the car will run in the 9s, low tens is good.(although a couple of 9s would be cool) I’ll let you guys know whats going on with me, and the car, thanks for caring. ……………….Mikey :mrgreen:

P.S. I’m using the Mr. Green instead of the laughing Smilie because I’m running E85. Just wanted to be different. Plus, I like Mr. Greens smile!! :mrgreen:

dino
                                Keymaster
                                    quote oldcarguy:

Ill be happy to do what I can agan Dino……we do need a couple 1/8th mile cars though….and more real gassers….deff more gassers…..and mabie jungle Pam Hardy to show up…..lol

GASSERS? …Well- The EAST COAST GASSERS WILL return …With Many New… New England Members ….that have joined…Talked to Them Today…And Its A go.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Buried in the first post here but Needed to be Made Known to everyone:
                                        *.Look for the ‘Pre-73″ (VINTAGE) cars to be split into two groups- with the faster cars 11:99 and Quicker into the “new” DOVER MODIFIED Elim. Doesn’t cut out runs, But cuts down the rounds a ‘little’-not much -for each group.
                                        DOVER VINTAGE NOW FOR 12 second or slower.

As Always Big Trophy’s for Winner & Runner-up AND we’re adding a Cool Jacket for Every Eliminator Winner.
                                        Also Working on other features…Winners DECAL & old Style Dover Brass Plaque!

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Dino, what needs to be done on Friday!
                                            They will be having drifting in the parking lot Friday but do you need any help before Saturday morning?

‘V’

dino
                                            Keymaster

V-Bob and I just talked ….Watch for new posts as we get close…that drifting is in the bigger lot where they run the car show…if not …they’re out by 5 …V-Bob and I will be hanging banners and parking early arrivals…little odd jobs…the track Is open for early parking and free camping. more as we get it ….film at 11

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.