The Planning ‘Has" begun

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 9th ANNUAL DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2017 The Planning ‘Has" begun

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

. . . .just talked to Wayne (Lebanon Valley manager)…We are GO for liftoff!…for third week again of Sept. 2017. Possable Bracket finals at Numundia the same weekend will have little or no effect on us. So I’ll be alerting other Tracks as soon as exact dates are confirmed, revolving around NHRA Div. 1 final schedule. Also talked directly with Larry Fischer of NHRA Museum. He is quoted as stating ” There is NO budget for a third Hot Rod Reunion date in 2017 (…. Meaning NO Epping,only Bowling Green & California)……..reporting live at Dover Drags event headquarters in wonderful downtown Rockingham.

Attachments:

kman
        Participant

^^^^^^^ … The Man Never Sleeps !!!!

tomblake
            Participant

The September date sure worked out good this year and hope for the same next year. We just need more time for the Dover functions, when the time gets cut due to unexpected things like oil downs or breakage it seems the Dover stuff should stay at the Dover race. Glad the scheduling is not up to me for this kind of thing, just my thoughts.

dino
                Keymaster

….Tom… we are “on It’….Wayne & I ‘scrambled ” with numerous ‘mid-course’ corrections throughout the afternoon. I was Also juggling ‘exhibition’ replacements and fll-ins all morning..To Speed things along (Last run was 8:30)…We eliminated The “King Of The Hill” .Wayne said we wouldn’t get done til 9:30….SO …I’m switching The King Of The Hill Casey-Feola Memorial Elim. to a SAT. RACE. All Past Elim. winners From/2016 are invited to get FREE entry Into one of the two Gamblers Races we always have for Pro (footbrake) & Super Pro (Electronic) We Will add to the regular purse a number of Sponsor provided awards and Of course a Jacket for each, saying “King Of The Hill’.We Also will Start Tech Both Days one hour earlier by opening of gates at 7am. Plenty of time to pack the staging lanes , when called….Sat @ 9, Sun. @ 9;30. We WILL Bring Back the Time Warp Parade….I’ll Give detailed instructions to get that lined up quick and easy….right before we ‘start the show”…Funny cars/Altereds and First rounds of Eliminators. Hopefully all this will put us back to starting about 12:30…not 2 as happened this year.Remember,,,this was the first year any of this happened so late.To Add to the DOVER Heritage & purpose, I’ll be Printing up a Booklet giving spectators and anyone the whole history with facts & photos – handout FREE.

CONFIRMED DATE (today)….SEPT. 16 & 17…. a’week’ earlier

Sept. in the north 2017:
                    Sept. 3-Musclepolooza at Lebanon
                    Sept. 9 &10-Aderondeck Nationals
                    Sept, 16 & 17 -US
                    Sept, 21-14-“Keystone” Nationals-Maple Grove.

dino
                    Keymaster

RETURNING NEXT YEAR ! ——DRAG ALLEY nostalgia Race Car Display -FREE To Participate ! ….the DOVER ORIGINALS race car display -FREE to participate…( contact ME for info ) Our fabulous Time Tunnel Rod & Custom Show… Sa.t Night ‘FlashBack Party” with the HOT ROD BAND !…Time Warp Parade of original Dover cars & drivers….same Eliminator Format as last 8 years.

ON THE HUNT ‘special exhibition features’…OLD SKOOL MATCH RACE MADNESS…. searching for Altered Wheelbase real running A/FX cars..I…170- 200 mph extreme coupes and roadsters for New ” Extreme Freaks Meltdown”..JUNIOR STOCKERS to RUN their Own Elim. Front Motor Fuel Dragsters for ‘cackle show’. Message or call ME 910-997-4444…………..’Dino’

dino
                        Keymaster

Tentative Update …On Special ‘Features” in the Works. Looks Like We’ll Have a rematch of TIME BOMB & Wild & Crazy…those guys really put out and can’t wait to return…Time bomb crew might be going the Nitro route with a new look…Body & Paint. Add to that more Funny car action,I’m working on. But The calls are coming in for a few ‘New” fun things. I have secured a ‘point man’ to gather up a group of real altered wheelbase A/FX cars for 60’s style match race.Add to that BLOWN GASSERS in heads up Matches.AND we have a request to run a 409 GROUP!… only 409s – dragsters -altereds & door cars. ….’she’s real fine” .Still Kicking around The “KING OF THE HILL” Elim. on Sat.Like to Have previous Years Winners Return To Run It,each year …They’ll get Free Entry to show.I’ll be contacting them all direct. That will free up end of day eliminations.Previuosly ,we had to wait & wait for the winners to cool down and get back in lanes. ALL other features remain intact….Drag Alley-Dover Originals and the Car Show.’Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.The Newly added at last minute(Due to Breakage) ‘”EXTREME ALTERED MELTDOWN, will again Feature The N.Y. Earthshaker ,with 3 other Roadsters & Coupesin heads up matchs…”old Skool Style” cars only.Wayne has done such a remarkable job coordinating the Eliminators on Sunday for now 6 years….I’m gonna again let him do his thing. Howie to stock the concession stand better.Quick recap…Car entrys over 600 (From about 400-last year)…Gate admission up 37%….Car Show entries up 30%. Record figures,I’m planning break again.Sponsor Support a must to finaince it all…I always havecto thank all who volunteer to get this done…If ya want to help in any way …Give me a calll….Oh …SAT> NIGHT Flashback Party RETURNS ! with the HOT ROD BAND….get a date !

dino
                            Keymaster

Bulliten from Dover Nostalgia Drags ‘race-central’…..CONFIRMED !…Jim Oddy and three other BLOWN GASSERS to be pounding the pavement at this years event.Yup….”Jr.” Ward will be at the wheel of Oddy’s Junkyard Dog ,along with fellow members of their AA/Gas Supercharged group.More details and photos as we get them.They will join our other features ,including the EXTREME FREAKS Meltdown of 200mph Altered Coupes & Roadsters.N.Y. Eathshaker back ,along with three others….plus….plus Altered Whelebase A/FX match racers to join our awesome Nostalgia Funny Car Gang.A total flashback to the glory days of drag racing.

Attachments:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.