the TWIN ENGINED ‘SHOTTGUN EXPRESS’

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR the TWIN ENGINED ‘SHOTTGUN EXPRESS’

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

That Shot of the Twin being push started at Dover was its only run at Dover and it’s it’s last. Complications to Handling arose as it went through the traps at over 200.It veered of the left lane ,through the guard rails ( Cables) and flew down into the low section. At Lunch they (Rich and Brother Gil) ran the trailer down and loaded up the pieces(Hid them in Trailer) and left the Track. The bent chassis hung in Gil’s Barn for years ,too far gone to be repaired. Were it went is a mystery…probably the wrecking yard. They ran it at the Raceway park Summer nationals and rumor has it ,the following year a photo of it was on the Program. Rich said when they got it to E-town at that race to run it the first time, the didn’t even know what tires to run. The original intent was to Chase down the :FREIGHT-TRAIN” at the Gaternationals.The tested it onRT.6 in Brewster,N.Y. the week before in front of the old Fore’n’Aft.One engine fouled out, so the dug out the old full bodied single engine car to take to Florida. They Did Run the Freight Train Hard…pushing it to Win with Ole Floyd recording his best time with the “Train”.Shott was Happy to get Runner-up to him, edging out every one else in the field.

pete-kumble

Wonderful VERY RARE images of the twin. In my post of about 6 years ago, I recounted the NY Auto show where I got to sit in this car. Lots of fun for a 15 year old kid! Actually, it was only rivaled when I got to sit in the Brutus Mustang the following year. Any news on what Gil and Richie are up to these days and any sightings of Jeff Seligmann????

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.