The UNTOUCHABLES

Forums Forums CAR CLUB ROLL CALL…dover days /check in The UNTOUCHABLES

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just got this from Les M. :

Attachments:

masracingtd1167
        Participant

Was that the car that Doc Engles drove?

dino
            Keymaster

Lets back up a little here…. Tony Frasca was the first President of the Untouchables Auto Club, from the Lockwood Ave. area of Yonkers ! I was the last, and longest running President of the Club ! Our car had a red Bantam body, on a Lynwood tubular chassis, with a Chevy 409″ for power, and ran in the A/A class ! We were Dover regulars, but our best performance was winning “Competition Eliminator” at Englishtown, the year that they opened…. 1965 !

We had a minimal sponsorship ( As did Sandy with his Willys ) from “Competition Plus Speed Shop”….Which Dave Hodgeman ( The original-“Plain Busted” )started up in a small store front on Yonkers Ave. across the street from the, St Casmir church !

We were friends with many of the Outlaws club members…..Sandy, Stosh, Head, Doc,
                Willie Specht, Chuck Romeo, Charlie Castaldo, to name a few….. One of Doc’s cars was also a red, Bantam bodied Altered, with an inline Chevy “6” that ran in D/Altered.

No disrespect intended, but I don’t recall ever hearing of another car club in Yonkers, with the name Untouchables !

I’ll be wearing a white sweat shirt to the Dover Fest, with photos of all the Altereds we ran at Dover…. If you see me, please introduce yourself.

Les Madaus

billy-casey

Hi Les , Its been a long time , hows your cousin Billy doing … my brother Ed is in Cape Coral Fla. now … I will be at the get together on sat. … you are 100% correct about the clubs in yonkers , I remember them all very well , I used to hang around DeMase’s gas station across from the Glen Diner in the early 60s on old neperhan Ave. , thats were I met all the guys from the outlaws. That area is totally changed now . nothings there , your cousin Billy used to belong to another club called the LANCERS . nothing on her about them , do you remember them … Billy

dino
                    Keymaster

…..we set the Time machine back to 1965 …interesting day at Dover ! Scroll Down..I made It big to get the details…

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Les posted a Whole Gallery of club shots on Facebook:

When Drag Racing was more Fun than Expensive ! The Early days… The "Untouchables Auto Club" from Yonkers, NY Formed in 1959

Posted by Westchester Street Rod Association on Friday, January 11, 2013

Heres the “guys” posing at the track… Doug Cannito, Billy Frasca, Al Zemba,
                            Bill Losapio, Nick “Rusty” Mastrangelo and Les Madaus.

Attachments:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.