The Wedge Inn -Bronx

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past The Wedge Inn -Bronx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

by Billy Casey on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:12 pm

WOW , you guys are bring back some real fond memories , no one has mentioned the Wedge Inn , Boston Post Rd. in the Bronx , great hang out and the place to meet if you were racin on the Hutch . great wedges until they tryed to make a fancy restarant out of it …. Billy

by donkauer on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 pm

For me the Wedge Inn didn’t happen until the late 70’s………….I did not run any street cars there but I ran what I was racing at the time…That was freaky on top end with the bumpy surface, but fun…….Billy, have you told everyone the story about the 57’s flight into the creek……………………………..Don…………..Oh and great hot peppers on the counter for the awesome wedges……….

bobby-s

Remember my brother taking me to the White Castle on Boston Post Road,,
            had some heavy runs come out of there,
            he had a ’55 4 spd 283, had the normal front bumper & panels below the
            directional lights removed..
            O,,, and is was black primer too..

Bobby S.

john-sachs-sr
            Participant

Grover and I were fixtures at the White Castle on Friday nights,racing for $20 dollar bills. 😎
                Storm Crankshaft grinding’s Jerry,and “Big” Ralphie’s parents owned the Wedge Inn.
                Never remembered any street races out of the Village Barn……Plenty of women for sure. 😉
                Someone mentioned Kent(Cliffs).Coming back from Dover,on a rainout,went through Kent with some of my buds.Got into mischief,drag raced some road graders on a new road they were building.Got caught,because we didn’t know how to shut them off(pull throttle pedal up),anyway had to go to court. 🙁 Penalty…Stay out of Kent Cliffs forever,or go to jail. 😯
                John 😆

don-kauer

John, Bob an I hit the White Castle a lot in the 60’s….Great times and 95 was the best….Conner St….By B & l … Denny…Cool guy…I posted my stories about the Wedge but Casey needs to tell the story about the 57 on the Hutch…Also Jerry @ Storm Cranks………..Spent lots of time and $ there…….Another great guy………….Don………..

billy-casey

Don… I have to waite till my wifes not around… theres alot of this stuff she knows nothing about 😮 😮 😮 … Billy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.