Think I found DOUG TIPPETT

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Think I found DOUG TIPPETT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Found this searching for something else ,where Doug made a “blog” comment on a news site …E-Mailed address given and waiting for reply Who Knows ?

“Raced at dover from 61-63. My first car was a 59 chev impala 348 with a factory 4 speed a rare vehicle even at that time ,ran 14.9 with Atlas Bucrons. My secound car was a 55 chev. in C gas,my third car was a double A dragster
        call Dark Eyes and was Ron Abbott’s (a car called Hellzapoppin) only competition most of the time.Was never really any “competition” ,Ron had a car that would run in the low 8’s and also won the winternationals I believe in 1962. The last car I help prepare was a 63 chev. wagon in I stock auto.
        owned by Conrad Iwaneki. I live in Bradenton fl . for the past 40 years. After 46 years of not racing decided to build a 73 camaro with a 30 year old 355 out of one of Roy Hallquist stock cars .He has been a friend for over 60 years . WE run the car in sportsman class at Bradenton,Lakeland,St. Pete… have run in the high 10’s and am having a blast .”
        dougtipp19566@aol.com

dino
        Keymaster

He Just Called ! Watch for him to register Here Soon !

tomblake
            Participant

Just e-mailed Doug a second picture I got from Maso in a PM this morning. The picture is from the Bill Cullin collection. Met Doug at a class reunion last year and just met again at a test and tune in Bradenton. What a coincidence I was making my last time run when he pulled up along side. Doug has a pretty nice Camaro.
                Maybe we can get him to the October race.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Here ya go …You guys are Too fast…Started out yellow …then Purple Chassis /silver body…Then Blue Chassis/silver body.

Attachments:

maso
                    Participant

Yeah, but the first picture was taken by me in ’63 I think. It is the only picture that I took there myself that I still have.

This one:

It looks like Doug Tippett painted his Dragmaster chassis from the same paint can that Tom Blake used to paint the 409 engine block.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fairfield-ct/TTCESATK77Q7DG6H8

Dino…

If you have enough pictures like mine and maybe some that you don’t know who took them, maybe you could start a special “Misc. Gallery for them… Eh…?!

dino
                        Keymaster

HEY GANG ….Good Ol’ “DarkEyes” -(name of his Rail), -Doug, IS now on the Forum, and an ODF Member! lives in Florida in Winter…heading back on the 15th. I’ll try to dig up some more photos of his car.Maybe HE has some ? ? ?

maso
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

…Maybe HE has some ? ? ?

He doesn’t…!!!

The only pictures that Doug Tippet has of his “Dark Eyes” are the ones you and I gave him…!

dino
                                Keymaster

WE Be Looking …For more…Doug said that His Dragmaster Chassis Was the Third to ever be built!

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

WE Be Looking …For more…Doug said that His Dragmaster Chassis Was the Third to ever be built!

…and, Ron Abbott had it first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.