TIM CONDER NAILS IT-Old Style Fuelers

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION TIM CONDER NAILS IT-Old Style Fuelers

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

They All come from the same Moldy mold ,don’t They?

randy-fish
            quote dinotheweirdo:

They All come from the same Moldy mold, don’t they?

Some teams has exclusivity agreements on certain body styles. Until Tasca broke out of TA/FC and into a Pro Funny Car, Force was the only Mustang. And if I recall, it was Skuza that used to have the Mopar deal until his $ponsor money ran out and I think he sold the rights to Schumacher. There are just a couple of companies that make the current carbon nitro bodies — one is Roush and I think the other is here in SoCal.

TA/FC bodies are different, though. A few years ago, Frank Manzo asked Force if he’d sell him a Mustang body and John told him he could purchase one that was a few years old, but not the newest version. And remember, that question came from (at the time) an eight- or nine-time champion, and still, “no go.” I think the current Mustang TA/FC bodies are made by Hairy Glass in Jacksonville, Florida. Their front-end profiles are way different than the nitro car bodies.

maso
            Participant

Go see: http://www.yorkus30.com/pr.html

I can see a day when many of the local tracks, both existing and closed down will have “Nostalgia” groups like ours and York’s.

If you study the history of Hot Rodding, you can see that things happen that way. Consider how Hot Rodding began in southern California. They started speed trials on the dry lakes beds of the Mojave Desert in the late 1920’s with stripped down Model-Ts… Then the Southern California Timing Association formed. That’s the SCTA and still exists. But you couldn’t join the SCTA, you had to form a “Car Club” like the “Oilers” or the “Cam Busters” and the club became a charter club and that’s how it worked.

That is Hot Rod Tradition… in a nutshell. I see a pattern here. I have a vision of an umbrella organization for Nostalgia racing that could likewise have charter member groups like the “Old Farts of Dover” and the “York U.S. 30 Guys”… soon the “Bakersfield Smokers” and maybe the “Amarillo Hot Shots” or something like that, nationally. Do you get my drift…?

This will lead to the possibility of one group challenging another group for a regional “showdown” and that will bring an element of competition into the mix and I know that would really stimulate things.

What do you think…? I am just projecting my thoughts into the future. Comments, anyone…???

Maso

vbob
                Participant

HEY
                    Found these up in the attic under AA
                    who remembers this roller start-up at Englishtown???

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Can you ID the cars? can’t read the lettering

vbob
                        Participant

HEY
                            OH,found a couple more!
                            ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

orange one ‘Wheeler Dealer’,red white striped car ‘Ray Marsh’, others hard to see!!

‘V’

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.